30.

We left as soon as school finished, still in our school clothes and on the highway.

Steph was cheering me on, congratulating me on stepping out of my comfort zone.

I still felt embarrassed by it though, but I felt a bigger emotion. I felt proud. Proud of myself.

"You should be proud, Beth!" Steph exclaimed to me. We were in the back seat having a mini party with cans of soft drink.

"That was exhilarating." I whispered loudly.

"I knew you could do it, Beth." Dean told me from the drivers seat. "I knew you had it in ya."

I blushed again and then laughed and squealed, me and Steph carrying on like a bunch of ten year olds.

"This weekend is gonna be so fun!" Steph yelled in her excitement. "So this battle of the bands, I'm assuming there are more people in your band?"

"Of course, babe." Tommy answered. "There is Kurt. He plays the drums. Marcus is keyboard. Dean and I are the guitarists plus Dean is vocal with our other singer, Lela."

"Wow. When do you guys get time to practice?" I asked them, intrigued.

"We spent all last weekend practicing. It was the only time we all could get together. Tommy and I are the youngest, so school hours were out." Dean answered as he drove.

"What songs are you singing?" Steph asked.

Dean and Tommy didn't answer but we saw them give each other side looks.

"Well?"

"We haven't exactly chosen yet. We have about five to go off from."

I rolled my eyes and sat back. We had another thirty minutes before getting to Dean's mum's apartment.

"Once we get there, we need to unload and get ready to leave within thirty minutes." Tommy spoke. "We have to meet the others at the club, do our sound checks and set up. There is us and three other bands."

"What happens if you win?" I asked the boys. Both Tommy and Dean shrugged.

"Dunno. We'll find out later tonight."

"You sound confident." Steph laughed and pulled a face, making me giggle.

We only had ten minutes left in the drive when Steph and I urged Dean to pull over at the next petrol station as we needed the bathroom. When we returned to the car, Tommy was in the back seat, waging his eyebrows at Steph, causing her to laugh and I jumped in the front.

"Are you excited for tonight?" I asked Dean.

"Yeah. Excited, nervous, trying not to let it eat at me."

*****
Steph and I walked hand in hand in to the little club house. Well, that's a fancy name for it actually. It was a bar. That was it. Nothing more to it.

Dean vouched for us as we were under eighteen as we were and he air quoted, his groupies.

Steph and I gasped and I wanted to smack him in his arm but I let it slide since tonight was about Tommy and Dean.

We got introduced to the rest of the band. Lela however was a no show. It freaked all the boys out as they had to reassess their song list.

Steph and I sat near the stage at a table, sipping on our soft drinks. Even if we had the choice of alcohol, I don't think I would take it.

Steph looked gorgeous in a sparkly black dress, her hair left down but pinned back. Her make up was immaculate and since she had a better fashion style than me, I had let her doll me up too.