Chapter 6 - Old Tragedies

Hey guys! It's Sonicblade here. And today we're back reading another chapter of RWBYK: Tale of the True King. So, here's the second chapter of my original arc. Hope you guys enjoy!

(Opening Theme - Simple and Clean)

XXXXXXXX

[Bullhead Docks]

The pilot almost seemed confused at the coordinates. Most people like to circle around Vale or visit the Foreverfalls Forest, but not Ky and Ruby. The blue/red duo was now heading to a pretty obscure location. The pilot said it'll take little more than a few hours to get there, so Ky and Ruby sit beside each other on the Bullhead.

"You know, that went better than I thought..." Ky said as he looked up at the ceiling.

Ruby nodded in agreement. "Yeah, at first I didn't know what Ozpin was gonna say with all the suspense..."

[Flashback]

"So you wish to visit your old home to pay your respects to your mother," Ozpin summarized, after Ky finished telling him about his plan with Ruby beside him.

Ky nodded "Right. I know it's a lot to ask, but after talking with Ruby and Aptus, I decided that it's time I faced this head on."

"I see..." the Headmaster muttered before turning to Ruby. "What about you Ms. Rose? May I ask what is your role in this?"

"I would like to be there for him," Ruby stated. "Ky's been there for me, helping me along the way ever since the first day and I want to do the same. Not as a leader, but as a friend." Her voice was strong, but on the inside she was nervous and afraid of how the Headmaster would react. Though right now, she didn't care, she wanted to help Ky.

Ozpin clasped his hand together and closed his eyes, contemplating the information. A moment of tense silence fell as some worried looks exchanged between Ky and Ruby. After a while, Ozpin gave his response.

"I don't see the harm in you visiting your mother's grave. I understand why you'd wish to pay respects to her," he paused for a second before continuing. "I wouldn't mind the two of you going out for a while." Ky displayed a look of surprise as he said, "Really? You're alright with that?" Ozpin nodded before he gestured to the elevator.

"Indeed. Now, you best be off. I will call for a transport while you get your equipment ready." Oz

"Thank you sir," Ruby before grabbing Ky's arm and began dragging me to the elevator. "Come on, Ky!"

Ky let out a chuckle with a smile on his face as he stumbled after Ruby. Once the duo arrived at the elevators, they waited for one to come before entering.

"Hey, Ky?" Ruby started meekly.

The blue-nette looked over at her. "Hm? What is it Rosebud?"

"Well...I...nevermind!" She shook her head as she rocked back and forth on her heels. Thinking nothing of it and relishing in the thought that he would be able to visit his mother, Ky continued to smile with sadness and happiness.

As he watched the duo walk into the elevator, Ozpin whispered one last thing as the doors closed.

'Walk tall.'

[Flashback ends]

"Must've been my imagination." Ky muttered as he rubbed his head.

"Hey!" the pilot called out. "We'll be approaching your destination in under an hour. Might want to rest up for a bit."