Chapter 13 - Field Trip

Hey Everyoooooone! It's Stormy here. And welcome back to another episode of RWBYK: Tale of the True King! Got the inspiration enough to do the update ;) (Wink) Volume finale is nearly coming up again, and guess what? I've got something planned that hopefully you'll all like. So anyways, let's get started!

XXXXXXX

[The Next Morning - Beacon: Team RWBYK's dorm]

Ky slowly opens his eyes as he woke up, hearing a small little moan from Ruby, who slept next to him, nuzzling against his chest sound asleep and smiling. He gave his own little smile as he rubbed her head affectionately. He then checked the small clock on the stand, and saw they had a few minutes before they had to head to Ozpin's office. He looked down at the sleeping form of Ruby, and decided to wake her by poking her head lightly.

"Ruby." He poked a little harder, still sleeping. "Rosebud~." He then got an idea. "Ruby, if you wake up, I'll make you some cookies today." He said with a knowing grin. Ruby in response tackled a sitting up Ky, who gave an "ompf" from it. She smiled at him.

"Really?" she asked with puppy eyes. "You promise?"

Ky chuckled at her before he placed a hand on her face affectionately.

"Yeah." He said leaning a little close to her face. "I promise." she smiled in relief as she melted into his hand.

Ky then took that moment to quickly kiss her, getting a small squeak in return. "So worth it."

Ruby looked away from him, her silver eyes fidgeting as she thinks. She quickly grabbed his shirt and pulled him into another, deeper kiss that lasts much longer than the first one. When they break off Ruby giggled, blushing and giddy.

"I... I kinda like kissing," she shamefully admitted.

He kisses her forehead and chuckled. "Yeah... you're not too bad at it either."

Ruby looked at the clock and jumps out of bed. "Well! Let's get going!" she said enthusiastically as she zoomed off to get dressed.

Ky shooked his head and his girlfriend's antics. "Man, she's definitely going to keep me on my toes." He chuckled as he hopped off the bed.

XXXXXXX

[Ozpin's Office]

Inside the office, Ozpin was sitting in his desk drinking his coffee, Glynda stood next to him with crossed arms, and Ironwood stood in front of the desk.

"They were here..." he then angrily slams his fist on the table, raising his voice. "Ozpin, they were HERE!"

"We are aware of that! Thank you James." Glynda said, annoyed at his outburst.

"Fantastic! You're aware!" he said with his arms spread, then looks at Ozpin. "Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!" Suddenly, a ring is heard in the room, indicating someone is in the elevator.

"Come in." Ozpin stated. The door opens to reveal Ky and Ruby, back in their casual outfits and with their weapons on their respective shackles. Ruby sheepishly rubs the back of her neck as Ky shakes his head a little, the two of them exiting the small space and standing a few feet from the trio.