Chapter 12 - Dance Dance Infiltration

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllooooooooooo People! Stormy here! This story is probably my best story so far, but it's got me thinking about what I'll write after this story is finished. I'll probably focus on my other stories or make other ones. Meh, I'll worry about that when I get to that.

Without further ado, on to the story!

XXXXXXXX

Beacon: Ballroom

The night was going really well. Random students schmoozing at the dance, Bartholomew Oobleck was listening intently as Peter Port laughed over some unheard anecdote. Ozpin was standing off to the side with Glynda Goodwitch until General James Ironwood offered his hand for her to dance with him.

After confessing their love to one another, Ky and Ruby made their way back into the ballroom and now stood by the punch bowl, while watching their friends and enjoying each other's company.

"Hey you two!" The duo looked over to see Jaune make his way over to them.

"Hey Jaune." Ruby greeted him, as she and Ky each held a glass of punch.

"So I take you guys are hiding at the punch bowl too?" The blonde asked.

"Well, not hiding, but yeah hanging out here." Ky told him. Jaune nodded at that, when he then noticed Ruby standing extremely close to Ky and that they were holding hands. The blond blinked at this before his eyes widened in realization.

He stepped back with a look of surprise on his face. "No way!"

"What?" The two hunters-in-training tilted their heads in confusion. If Jaune wasn't as surprised he was, he would have found the simultaneous to be very amusing. He then pointed a finger between Ky and Ruby.

"Are you two...?" He wiggled his pinky finger Ruby blushed lightly at how blunt their friend was being.

"That's right!" Ky grinned as he pulled Ruby closer. "Rosebud is my girlfriend now." He then planted a kiss on her cheek, causing to her blush brightly.

Jaune chuckled at the scene. "Congraulations, you two." He said as he held up his glass. "To the new couple." Ky and Ruby followed suit as the trio clinked their glasses together.

"So where's the rest of the team?" Ky asked as he took a sip from his cup.

"Oh, Ren and Nora are around here somewhere." Jaune answered, looking around for a bit before spotting the two. "And I don't know where Pyrrha is at." He then looks at Ruby. "What about you guys?"

"Yang's dancing with Aptus, Blake's with Sun, and Weiss' is off somewhere." Ruby listed, pointing over where her team is at.

"Oh, I see." Jaune muttered lowly.

"I'm sorry things didn't go well with Snow White, buddy." Ky apologized.

"No no no. It's fine." Jaune played it off. "I can see why she'd want to go with Neptune."

As Jaune said this, Ruby looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well, come on, not many people can pull off blue hair." The blond told her.

"Pftt, speak for yourself." Ky snorted as he whipped his blue hair back.

"Okay...some people can." Jaune said as he took a sip from his glass.