Chapter 14 - Search and Destroy

Hey Everyoooooone! It's  It's Stormy here. And welcome back to another episode of RWBYK: Tale of the True King! Volume finale is nearly coming up again, and guess what? I've got something planned that hopefully you'll all like. So anyways, let's get started!

XXXXXXX

[With Team RWBYK and Aptus]

"Professor Oobleck?" Weiss questioned, as she and the others are still have their horrified faces of upon seeing their guide for the week.

Oobleck the begins spealing, talking fast, per the norm, as he paced in front of the six students.

"Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, team, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a search and rescue slash reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship." He said as he suddely zoomed his face in front of Weiss. "And...its Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!" he then backed away with a swift zoom. Weiss looked at Blake, with equal of disturb on their faces.

"Uh..."

"This guy needs to switch to decaf..." Aptus said under his breath.

"Clearly." Yang muttered in agreement.

"Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind!... schedule!" Oobleck stated, adding that last part as an afterthought to clarify before zipping off to the airship docked behind the nutty professor in a matter of seconds, leaving a small dust cloud as he did so.

"Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck- okay, yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse." Ruby said, her statement starting out positive and upbeat before suddenly becoming as depressed as her team halfway through.

"Hopefully he's as fast as he is now in battle." Ky stated, trying to look on the positive side of things.

"Save the world?" said an energetic voice behind them as they turned around to see team JNPR. "You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren..." Ren, in return, crosses his arms and turns away.

"Sounds exciting. Where ya going?" Jaune asked.

"Oh just, outside the kingdom.." Ruby replied.

"Hey so are we!" Nora said excitedly.

"Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village." Pyrrha explained.

"We are set for tomorrow." Ren said calmly with his neutral look.

"Then you can party with us tonight!" Neptune said arriving as well. "We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges." Jaune looks awestruck as he looks at Neptune.

"So, they're giving detective badges to a felon and his friend?" Aptus smirked. "I don't see the sense there."

Ky chuckled as he shook his head in amusement. Blake laughed at Sun's shocked-to-the-bone expression he made when Aptus said that.