Chapter 18: Finale - The Light Awakens

Heeeyyy guys! It's Stormy here. Sorry for the long wait, it took me a while to get this chapter the way I wanted. B to tell you: THIS. IS. IT!!! The finale of Volume 2! To be honest, that was a bit quick :XD: It really has been a great reading journey with all of you guys till the end :D (Big Grin) :D (Big Grin) I'd never really I'd come to this day of the last submission of the last chapter. But, here we are! Not going to waste anymore of your time, so on the chapter!

XXXXXXX

(In Vale)

The Dark Thorn roared maniacally at the fallen Hunstmen-in-training, as they all laid out on the ground.

"This is impossible...we gave it everything we had. ." Jaune groaned, trying to sit up.

"It looks as healthy as ever. It power is phenomenal." Ren muttered out, holding his side.

"Bastard...." Aptus snarled. "It's like its been toying with us."

"All our attacks barely even put a dent in his hide!" Nora said with a groan.

"Both of our teams went against it and still it wasn't enough." Pyrrha said. "Even Team CVFY was taken out."

"We're suppose to be a freaking Huntsmen and Huntresses!" Yang cried as she banged her fist against the ground. "How the hell could we not beat this thing?!"

"With our Aura gone, we can't use our Semblances..." Blake said, taking in deep breaths.

"There must be a way to beat it..." Ruby said to herself, as Weiss was still slumped over in pain from the Dark Thorn's last attack.

SLAM!

Everyone jumped at the sound as they all looked over and saw Ky had punched the ground so hard, that he left a small crack in it. He had his head bowed as his bangs covered his eyes.

"I'm not done yet!" Ky spoke as he weakly stood up, his legs dragging on the ground. "It's going to take a lot more than that to keep me down!" He wiped the sweat away from his face.

"Ky..." Ruby said softly, when she and the others saw the bluenette grab his blades, which were lying in front of him.

"Wait, Ky...what are you doing!?" Jaune asked, afraid of what his friend was planning to do.

"I don't give a damn how strong this thing is. It's not immortal and it can be slain!" Ky stated as he clenched his blades to his side. "I'm going to give it one more try!"

Seeing one of its victims still standing, the Dark Thorn turned its attention on Ky and roared loudly before charging directly at the teen.

"Ky!" Ruby, Pyrrha, Aptus and Yang yelled at him.

"Get out of the way!" Blake ordered.

"Ky!" Nora and Ren cried out.

"You're gonna die!" Jaune screamed.

'You're gonna die...' Blake's words resonated through his mind as the light got brighter. 'You're gonna die...You're gonna die...' He could hear his heart beat through his ears, his breathing labored. As Ky stared at the beast coming for him, he remembered what was at stake...his friends were behind him...and this thing was going to kill them all if it wasn't stopped. A new fire sparked within his stomach as he made up his mind.

The Dark Thorn swung its claw at Ky...only to be stopped by Bright Crest and Fallen Abyss. The Daemon was startled at first when it saw its attacked stopped, then snarled at the boy that came in its way.