Chapter 7 - Vanitas

Hey Everyoooooone! It's Z-storm40 here. And welcome back to another episode of our RWBYK: Knights of Scala! I would like to give my gratitude to all the people who read it and are following this story. So anyway, let's get started.

(Opening Theme - Simple and Clean)

XXXXXXX

(Esuna Town Ruins)

Ky shot a look towards Ruby who equally confused and shocked as he was, upon seeing a blade-key in Vanitas' hand. That he somehow summoned out of nowhere.

"H-how did you do that?!" Ky gaped in shock.

"He summoned it out of thin air...!" Ruby said in surprise. "How is that possible?"

"Oh, well this power to summon my weapon was given to me by my master" Vanitas spoke as he gestured to Bright Crest and Fallen Abyss. "unlike those blades of yours, mine is quite different as you can see. "He then raised his blade and pointed it at Ky. "And now, I'm going to use my beautiful blade to kill you and fulfill my King's bidding and snuff out the 'Light'."

"King?" Ky and Ruby said in unison. "'Light'?"

Ky looked at him confused. "What are you talking about? King? What the heck is the 'Light'?"

"I've told you all I need to. There is no need to inform those who will soon be gone from this world." Vanitas merely said.

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Ky questioned.

"Knowing will do nothing to save you from the fate that lies ahead of you."

Ky gripped his blades hard. "Screw that!" He shouted. "If you think I'm going down without a fight, then you're dumber than you look. And I'll prove it by beating you into the ground."

"Is that so?" Vanitas questioned. "Well then, it seems that the time for talk has passed." he crouched slightly, widening his stance as he tightened his grip on the Key-blade he held.

In an instant Ruby swung Crescent Rose around, before pointing it towards the armored figure as she glared daggers.

"Ruby!" Ky shouted.

"Stay back!" She spat, standing protectively in front of Ky. "I don't know what you want, but you interrupted in a important moment for Ky. I won't let you hurt him."

Vanitas looked at Ruby, when he noticed her eyes. "Silver? I see..." He muttered before he pointed his Key-blade at the the girl. "I have no business with you, girl. But if you intend to get in my way, I'll cut you down."

"Over my dead body." Ruby spat with a viciousness to her tone that Ky had never heard her use before.

The masked man hmphed. "Oh, trust me when I say..." he began as his grip on his Key-blade suddenly tightened, "That can can be arranged. One less problem to deal with."

Suddenly Vanitas was sent flying back out of the yard, courtesy of Ky who appeared in front of Ruby with his blades in a X-formation. "Don't you dare touch her!"

Ruby, looking a bit startled from Ky's sudden appearance, looked up at the blunette. "Ky?"

"Ruby, stay out of this," Ky spoke up, stilling in the same place Vanitas disappeared. "This is something personal. I don't want you getting hurt or worse."