Chapter 11 - Red and Blue

Yo Everyoooooone! It's Stormy here. And welcome back to another chapter of RWBYK: Tale of the True King! Now the chapter you've all be waiting for...The Beacon Dance! (Wink)So anyway, let's get started.

XXXXXXX

(The Next Day, Main Hall)

Ruby was currently resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance with a glumly look in her face before she was startled by someone slamming their palms on the table she sat at.

"I need you to pick a tablecloth." Weiss smiled while sliding two squares over to her partner, which both are a similar shade of white.

"Aren't they both the same?" Ruby asked in confusion.

"I don't even know why I asked!" Weiss sighed in frustration before walking over to Aptus. "Aptus, what do you think?"

Said Faunus stops moving the tables for a moment to look at the tablecloths. He leaned in a bit closer to compare the two. "Mmm...Try the left one. Seems more suitable for the dance."

"At least someone knows true fashion." Weiss smiled before she walked off as Yang comes in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder, which bounces her sister and the table she's moping on again to jump in the air when she drops it on the ground.

She then brushed her hands a she walked over to Ruby. "So, have you picked out a dress yet?" Yang asked Ruby.

"What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?" Ruby sighed.

"Aww, don't be like that Rosebud!" Ky said as he was adjusting the left side banner for the Beacon dance. "Besides, I'm sure you'll look stunning in your dress."

Ruby's face instantly flared up as she heard this and looked at the boy with wide eyes. "Wha--?! Wh-Wh-Where did that come from?!" She stuttered.

Ky laughed at the girl's priceless expression. "I was just thinking about it. Because.... you know. I always see you in that combat skirt of yours, with your scythe behind your waist. So, it is kind of nice to see you act like a.... Well, a normal girl."

"Hey, you're always in that combat attire of yours with your key-blades strapped behind your back, mind you." Ruby retorted. "Plus, we are in a school to be trained on how to fight Grimm. So... You get what I mean."

"See? Even your crush thinks so~" Yang teased lowly, causing Ruby's face to go completely red.

"Yang!"

"Plus, don't worry about Blake. She's going." Yang reassured before looking up at Ky. "How's it looking, charmer?"

"Almost done." Ky said while carefully adjusting the banner. "How's this?"

"Hmm..." Yang squints at Ky's end of the banner before gesturing her finger, meaning to lower it a bit more. Ky lowered it slowly, but stops once Yang held a thumbs up. "Perfect!"

"All that's left are the tablecloths, balloons, and lights." Aptus listed as Ky climbed back down from the ladder.

"Sweet!" Yang nodded before she looked over at Weiss. "Weiss! I thought we agreed: No doilies!" Yang shouted with a exaperated look.

"If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!" Weiss argued, but their argument stops once the girls hear the door opening. They look over to see Sun and Neptune walking in.