ix. Meeting

╭─────────────────╮

𝓲𝓼𝓼

𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔩𝔦𝔭𝔰

╰─────────────────╯

"Let's go." Gen gladly accepted your offer as the both of you embarked on your journey.

"Wait for me Usa-chaaaan~"

You and Gen trudged along the soft dirt of the forest ground at a sedate pace, both minds focused on the crushing sound of leaves and twigs under your foot. The scent of earthy soil and fresh water lingered in the air as the two of you walked through the dense forest.

It was quiet - serene and the kind of atmosphere you preferred until a certain mentalist decided to break the silence.

"Nee, I was wondering Usa-chan."

"Where are you from?" You came into a halt, keenly eyeing the dual-haired individual in bafflement. Gen, who was just happily smiling and scratching the back of his head as he looked at you with his baggy eyes.

"I mean, you don't like look your from around here - your features are foreign." He carefully elaborated.

"I guess?" Perplexed, you just agreed to whatever Gen was blabbering about.

"I wonder what your kid will look like. If you even plan on having one~"

"Uhh..." The look of disgust on your face was evident as Gen continued to irate you by asking over-flowing inquiries.

"Don't give me that face Usa-chan. How mean~" Of course, cue in the crocodile tears.

"I'll punch you."

"S-scary!"

It went like that for an hour until the both you arrived at a village - lively and there were people residing in it. Were they also revived by the miracle fluid?

"I'll take it from here (Y/N)-chan." The serious tone in his voice was enough for you to comprehend the situation.

You dashed towards a tree, carefully and nimbly concealing your presence - waiting for Gen's signal.

"Understood Gen."

»»-----  -----««

An odd food stand was being crowded by the villagers - intrigued by the dish they were serving. Kohaku and Chrome went to serve a few bowls. They asked for more again and again. It was hectic.

"It's so delicious!" The glutton of the village, Genen exclaimed as he ate his third bowl.

"This is the most delicious thing I have ever eaten!" Followed by a young woman who tasted the piquant dish.

"Senku, another bowl please!" Kohaku asked the gourment scientist. Suika and Chrome were serving the hungry mob.

"Coming right up!" Everyone was busy, doing their jobs accordingly. People kept coming and coming for food and they continued to serve consistently. "This is exhilarating." He smirked.

"So, you're the one who made this incredibly tasty dish?" One of the dazzling sisters, Ruby asked - with a hint of flirting as Senku handed her a bowl.