🌸Mitsuba x SelfAnxious!Reader🌸

requested by k0urii

he can't let himself be mean to her. the nervousness and regret he felt when he had to counter her at the lockers was unbearable, he was thankful she got it right. no matter Mitsuba's foul language and instinct to spout mean things at someone, he could never bring himself to do that to her. never.

especially after he learned what she thought of herself

"Third mystery... third mystery.." I hummed to myself, walking around the school as I tapped my chin. "He has to be around here somewhere! And I know his name, and I'm not gonna die!" I exclaimed bravely to myself, trying to boost my confidence in this stunt that could possibly end in death. Yet. Desperately failed as I backed up quickly. "No, no, I can't do this." I mumbled to myself, but ended up backing up into another classmate of mine.

"O-Oh! I'm so sorry!" I immediately turned around to face them and bowed about 10 times, but the fellow classmate only laughed in response. "It's okay, L/N-San. You worry too much, it's all good." The classmate smiled and waved as they continued on their way, and I shyly waved before sucking in a breath, and as soon they were out of sight I shut my eyes, slapping the sides of my cheeks. "Stupid Y/N, pay attention to your surroundings-!" I exclaimed, but before I could say anymore I was cut off by the tardy bell.

"UWAH! Tardy! I'm tardy! I'm stupid and tardy! How did I not realize! I have gym first, the gym teachers gonna kill me!" I whined as I scurried to the lockers, quickly making my way to my locker and sitting down as I grabbed my shoes and quickly began changing my dress shoes to my gym shoes, quietly insulting myself for not realizing what time it was and how late I'm going to be.

Yet, to my complete surprise, I felt a hand grab the back of my shirt and yank me, causing me to choke slightly as I pinched my eyes shut in fear. I felt the human- or whatever it even is-  lean down next to my ear. "Do you remember me?" The voice questioned in an eerie town and my eyes widened as I choked on the air. It's the third mystery, confronting me how I wanted before, yet got too nervous and backed out as soon as the tardy bell rang.

I gulped and sucked in a breath from my teeth. If I was wrong about this, I would die. I better be right. "I-I do." I stated and gulped. "Y-You are.. y-you are Mitsuba. Mitsuba S-Sousuke." I stated and quickly pursed my lips together, but the grip on the back of my shirt went to my neck and I immediately sweat dropped, my eyes glazing over. I got it wrong, didn't I? I shouldn't of tried this in the first place.

To my surprise and disbelief, the only thing that happened was the person- or mystery- turned my head to face him as he showed me a bright smile, of both relief and happiness. "Correct! It's about time someone got it right." He glanced off slightly before looking at me again. "I can't believe people forgot me! It's offending... anyway! Come with me!" The boy stood up quickly and I quickly stood up after him. "W-Where? I'm gonna be late for gym! P-Plus... I just met you..." I muttered incoherently but Mitsuba heard me anyway. "Hey! Just come with me you-... you-.." He trailed off and pursed his lips, shaking his head. "Never mind! Just follow me, okay? Please?" He cooed, holding his hands together and I glanced off. "U-Um... A-Ah... fine." I sighed and the boy's face lightened up as he ran off and up the stairs, I quickly followed behind him as we ended up at the rooftop.

"Voila! Now nobody can see me and you become best friends!" He spoke in a confident tone as he threw his arms out, peering over the balcony as he muttered something else, yet I couldn't hear it so I let it go. "B-Best friends? With me?" I questioned nervously and before I knew it, Mitsuba was right next to me, poking at my cheek in an annoying manner. "Huuuh? What do you mean 'With Me'?" He questioned and I glanced off shyly. "U-Um... well.. not many people want to be my friend so.. I'm not used to people asking.." I turned my head away from him, but he moved in sync to keep eye contact with me. "What? You serious? Hmph! Well! I'll be your first then!" He cheered as he walked back over to the balcony, leaving me slightly confused.

"W-What? A-Are you sure?" I questioned and he placed his hands on his hips. "Positive! Why do you keep questioning my actions? I want to be your friend, it gets kinda lonely just waiting in the lockers." He folded his arms and turned to me. "What's your name?" He walked over to me, leaning a bit too close for comfort. "I-It's.. uh.. L/N Y/N." I fiddled with my fingers and Mitsuba smiled. "Can I call you Y/N-Chan since we're gonna be friends? You can call me Sousuke-Kun!" He exclaimed loudly and I blushed a bit. "Y-Y/N-Chan..? That's fine." I smiled a bit and Mitsuba smiled back before stepping back.

"What you said before, why don't those idiots want to be your friend, Y/N-Chan? I'll fight them!" He exclaimed and I tensed up, placing my hand on my mouth. "T-That's sudden... haha..." I muttered, but the boy kept his awaiting look on me as I sweat dropped. "I- Well- there's a lot of possible reasons but- I don't really know.." I trailed off and the boy's eyes widened before his face gave a sympathetic look. "Oh... I see." He spoke, his voice softening before he took my hand, making my face turn a bright pink. "You don't like yourself, Y/N-Chan?" He questioned, yet it sounded like more of a statement, yet I nodded faintly as my eyes glazed over.

"Hey! Don't cry! I like you, and you know what? I'll help you learn to like yourself, okay? I promise! I'll introduce you to the other mysteries, I think someone like Hanako could cheer you up with his personality!" He kept going on about what he'd do to make me happen and I felt the tears bubble, yet I quickly wiped my eyes and gave him a smile. "T-Thank you, Sousuke-Kun. I'm glad your nice and n-not... y'know... as scary as people say." I smiled shyly and he shot me a very bright smile. "Aw~ Thank you, Y/N-Chan~! I'm glad you got my name right so I could become friends with you! Or..?" His bright smile turned to a more suggestive one and my face fumed a deep red which made Sousuke giggle. "Only joking~! We have to get to know each other first before we get to that, right?" He smiled warmly and I faintly nodded which made him beam happily. "O~Kay! Let's go meet Hanako~!" He beamed as he grabbed my hand and ran with me stumbling behind him.

Im sorry, this is bad and ooc 🥺 please forgive me readers,,,