🌸Kou x SelfConscious!Reader🌸

look at my kou keychain!!! hes so cute ahwhhahaha >w<

requested

I yawned as I looked out of the window from my classroom, admiring the cherry blossom trees who were starting to bloom. They were mesmerizing and beautiful to me. Because of those trees, I had a small interest to garden. But only pretty flowers, really. Nene likes to help me with it if I need help, but now, I think I'm able to garden without any help.

"L/N! Quit your daydreaming!" The teacher shouted at me and I jumped up, and a chorus of laughter echoed in the classroom, causing my face to turn a deep red as I looked off. "Y-Yes Ma'am.." I muttered to myself and the teacher hmphed before going back to her teaching.  I sighed as I went back to looking out of the window, taking glances at the teacher every now and then.

After a while- thankfully- the bells rang and it was finally time for lunch. Lunch was my favorite part of the day because I always snuck out of the school and ate my lunch under a big tree outside- I never really liked talking or hanging out with anyone, due to my lovely lack of self confidence making me believe everyone hates me. But anyway... it was a nice, warm day outside, so sitting under the shade provided by the tree would feel amazing. 

I sat up, grabbed my stuff, and exited the classroom. I dropped my stuff off at my locker and grabbed my bento box- which had rice, sushi, and some other of my favorite foods. I made them all by myself, too. I tried them before and they tasted amazing, I was quite proud- considering most of the time I would almost burn down my home trying...

As the last person entered the lunchroom, I looked around to make sure no-one was watching and I quickly exited the school, walking out to the tree I sat by everyday. Sometimes I feel like teachers realize that I walk out everyday to sit here and could care less, but I'm not really sure. I don't care, either...  

I sat under the tree with a sigh as I opened my bento box and placed a piece of sushi in my mouth as I ate it. I will admit, it is a bit lonely just eating lunch all by myself, but I'm kind of fine with it- or just used to it. I've learned not to expect anything mo-

"Boo!" I voice shouted and I almost bumped my head on a low tree branch from jumping. I heard a light giggle and I turned my head to see one of my classmates, Kou Minamoto. "K-Kou-Kun! Jesus, you scared the shit out of me.." I trailed off as I shook my head and he smiled. "Sorry, sorry."

"..How'd you know I was out here?" I questioned him and he shrugged as he sat next to me, leaning his back on the trunk of the tree. "I was wondering where you always disappear to at lunch! It's lonely without you, y'know?" He pouted and I shook my head. "Lonely..? Right, uh-huh.." I muttered sarcastically and he turned his head to me. "Hey! I'm not joking!" He exclaimed and I rose my eyebrows, still not believing him before I turned my head and plopped another piece of sushi in my mouth.

Kou stared at me for a moment before turning his head and looking at his own bento box and tapping on it. I glanced at him, wondering what he was doing, but I didn't ask. 

"Y/N-Chan?"

"Mm?" I responded, my voice muffled from the sushi.

"Um... I was talking to Yashiro-Senpai earlier..."

"Go on..." I rose one of my brows. 

"She said that you um... were uh... self conscious..? Idon'tmeantogetintoyourbusinesswithyouand Yashiro-SenpaibutIreallycareaboutyouandIwantyoutoknowthatwe'rehereforyou! (I don't mean to get into your business with you and Yashiro-Senpai but I really care about you and I want you to know that we're here for you!) He exclaimed quickly and I almost choked on my piece of sushi.

"P-Pardon? Yashiro-Chan told you about it?" I stammered and Kou nodded with a sympathetic look. "Well... yeah... she's right- I-I don't know what to say about it." I stammered as I looked away from Kou.

"Y-Y/N-Chan, please look at me." I heard Kou say and once i turned around, I immediately felt a pair of soft lips on mine. It was semi-quick, but it was just enough to make both of our faces turn a deep shade of red.

"I-I love you, Y/N-Chan. I really do. A-And..." He grabbed the both of my hands and held them, grazing his thumb over my fingers. "I hope you know that.. that you have many friends who support you, alright? Yamabuki-Kun, Yashiro-Senpai, Hanako-Kun, Mitsuba-Kun, and even Sakura-Chan." He pointed out, holding up a finger. "If you ever feel bad, we're always here to cheer you up and make you feel better!" Kou beamed and I blushed deeply.

"K-Kou...I love you, too! I... Thank you so much.." I whispered as I pressed my forehead against his, and shut my eyes. "It's no problem, alright? I just wanted to make sure you know that. Nobody hates you, Y/N-Chan... and if they do, I'll get at them." He whispered back, and even though I couldn't see it, I knew he was smiling.

I laughed lightly and he laughed along with me. 

Maybe I'd invite Kou to eat lunch with me for now on. 

--

Sorry! This was shorter than usual.. But I hope you love it! I think it was a pretty cute oneshot :> anyway! have a good day, bye-bye~