🌸Mitsuba x Reader🌸

soulmate au: when you turn 18, you see a blurred image of your soulmate in a dream once you go to sleep that night.
-
sorry! this might be a short one
-

"Hanako-Kun! Yashiro-Chan! Kou-Kun!" I shouted as I waved intensely, running down the empty hallway and over to them, almost falling into the three- yet i caught myself and planted my feet in front of them. "Y/N-Chan!" Yashiro beamed as she turned on her heels to face me. "Hey, what's up? You look a bit rushed." She questioned as she cocked her head, and I was beaming so much i might've even been glowing.

"I'm turning 18 tomorrow, duh! You know, I'll finally get to see who my soulmate is!" I shouted and Hanako turned his head to me, and so did Kou. "Tomorrow?!" The three of them exclaimed and I deadpanned- yet I realized I had not ever talked about my birthday because I never really celebrated it. Or- I never really had anyone to celebrate it with.

"Ahah- Yeah. I've never told you cause I've never really celebrated it, I guess." I smiled nervously with a shrug and Yashiro began shouting. "Oh my god! I have to get you something at the store tonight! I'm gonna be up all night looking for something- but it'll be worth it!" Yashiro beamed and was already tapping her chin in thought which made me laugh lightly. "Ah- Speaking of soulmates and birthdays- Where's Mitsuba-Kun?" I questioned and cocked my head, yet Kou gave me a confused look. "Mitsuba has nothing to do with soulmates and birthdays but... There-?" He pointed behind me and I turned quickly and jumped when I saw the pink-eyed boy.

"Oh! How long have you been standing here?" I questioned him abruptly and he shrugged a bit as he glanced off. "Hmm.. Long enough to hear about your birthday! You finally get to see who your soulmate is!" He beamed and I smiled back at him. "Mhm! And you'll finally tell me who you saw, right?" I hummed and he looked off with a pout. "...Yeah. I thought you might've forgot." He muttered and I shook my head quickly. "Nah, I'm good at remembering what I want to! But.. It's getting late and I'm tired so I'm gonna head out." I spoke and turned to Yashiro and Kou. "Want to walk home with me, Yashiro-Chan, Kou-Kun? I questioned the two and Yashiro nodded with a smile, along with Kou. The two quickly said there goodbyes to Mitsuba and Hanako, and we began walking out of the school and to our homes.

...

I sat on my bed, running my hand through my hair. I've been sitting there for a while, unable to finally drift off into the sleep I've been wanting. I looked around for a moment until realizing something. I had a habit of collecting a lot of random things, as I usually gifted them to one of my friends who is a wicca! (if you don't have a wiccan friend, i'm your wiccan friend now.) I had a stock of lavender, which I've heard is good if you want to go to sleep.

I jumped out of my bed and rushed to one of my cabinets, quickly grabbing some lavender and running back to my bed, placing it under my pillow as I closed my eyes again. The smell was delightful.

I fell asleep slowly but surely.

dream...

I stood near one of my cherry blossom trees, admiring the scenery as pink-colored leaves fell down and were soon to be carried with the wind. I smiled merely to myself, and turned arou-

Click!

I flinched at the sudden noise and flash and was met with the sneaky smile of my best friend, Mitsuba Sousuke, holding his camera near his face. My face dusted a light pink as I quickly rushed over to him. "M-Mitsuba-Kun! Did you just take a picture of me?" I exclaimed and tried to grab the camera, but he smoothly dodged every-time.

"I took a picture of you, yeah, what about it?" He smiled a bit and I paused and stood still as I folded my arms. "I would've just let you take a picture, you didn't have to be so sneaky.."  I muttered, which shocked the pink-haired boy, but he smiled softly. "Oh.. alright." He said with a giggle, making me smile along with him.

end dream.

I shot up quickly along with my alarm. "MITSUBA-KUN?!" I shouted, my voice echoing throughout the house. Is it okay to have a soulmate that's a school mystery-? Never-mind that- I'm glad it's him.

I quickly clothed, getting my shirt, pants, and shoes on as I rushed downstairs, grabbing my book bag and rushing outside and down the sidewalk, making sure I'd get to school early so I could have some free time at the beginning before class started.

I shoved the door open and ran into the bathroom, I went to go and knock on the stall door to get Hanako, yet I ran into someone else and fell backwards, landing roughly on my bottom.

"Y/N-Chan! Why are you in such a rush?" A familiar voice exclaimed and I quickly jumped up, realizing I was face to face with Mitsuba. Or, really, my soulmate.

"M-Mitsuba-Kun! You're my soulmate!" I exclaimed and Mitsuba stood in silence for a couple of seconds, before smiling lightly and laughing a bit. "Hehe, I already knew that,
Y/N-Chan~!" He giggled which made my eyes widened slightly before I punched him lightly in the shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me!" I exclaimed and he hummed quietly before slyly wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Well, hm, how to put it..."

"I wanted it to be a surprise! For you to like- Experience it yourself, you know? Hehe, love you, though~"