🌼Mitsuba x Reader🌼

Prompt No. 4: "You're an idiot, but you're MY idiot."

-

requested by: @SlushiiPaws

-

sorry i haven't posted in a while! even with the requests, i have terrible artblock ;^;

-

I grumbled in annoyance as I tried to painfully slip on my school jeans. Why painfully you might ask? I'll tell you. My great stupidity led me to breaking my leg, which I live alone, so I have no one to help me, unless I called someone before they went to school, but I don't want to do that to them.

How I got here... yeah. It's pretty idiotic. I was over at my aunt's house playing with my rather chaotic cousins, and one of my cousins, c/n1 challenged c/n2 and I to a race to climb up the tree. Perhaps I didn't win, as I quickly made it halfway up before falling backwards, doing an unintentional backflip before I landed awkwardly on my back. My cousins jumping down onto me and crowding me with questions such as, "Oh my gosh, Y/N-Chann! Are you dying?" and "Y/N-Chan, ewww! Are legs supposed to bend that way?!" And no, legs are definitely not supposed to bend that way.

My aunt quickly came out from hearing my cousins' very loud screams, and before I knew it, she was throwing me- not literally- in the car as she basically became the embodiment of a crazy concerned aunt stereotype. She drove me to the hospital, and she was most definitely going 30 over the speed limit. I arrived at the hospital and the mix of my loud cousins, my loud aunt, and the doctor and nurse who wouldn't stop having a conversation with me to save the world, gave me the biggest headache. It felt like years before I could leave again, but it was really just Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.

I finally managed to slip on my pants and I quickly slipped on some of my shoes and stood up before my eyes shot open. I live alone, I live semi-far to the school, and I have to walk to school everyday. This will be either super painful or super awkward or super tiring, but in the end it will probably be all three.

I groaned in annoyance as I slumped my backpack over my shoulders and shoved the door open, not before grabbing my crutches, though. I stumbled out the door and awkwardly began walking to school, earning a couple glances and stares from children, adults, and a couple of people from my classes or just school in general.

As I got closer, I heard fast footsteps behind me, and I didn't look back until I felt a small hand on my shoulder. "Y/N-Chan, you broke your leg?! And you're walking to school by yourself?!" I heard a feminine voice shout and I turned to see the concerned face of Yashiro Nene, my close friend and my classmate. "Oh, g-good morning, Nene-Chan. And, I-I didn't have any other w-" "You coulda' called me!" She exclaimed, waving her hands, her personality beaming with 'mom friend' written all over her face. "Well, I didn't want to bother you." I hummed as I waved it off and continued walking at a normal pace, which she quickly matched. "Really? You wouldn't be bothering me, you're leg is literally broken and you're walking to school. Isn't your house kinda far from here?" She questioned and I nodded, and before I knew it, we were at the school, and I smiled for once. "Ah, see? I'm fine on my own." I smiled reassuringly and she sighed softly before smiling a bit. "Alright, alright, fine, you got it then. I'll see you in class, I suppose. Bye bye, Y/N-Chan!" She smiled and waved giddily and I smiled as I waved back before walking the opposite way from her, as I kind of wanted to hang out in the bathroom for a bit until class was close to starting, as both Nene and I got to school pretty early.

I walked down awkwardly on my crutches as I turned shoving the door open to the bathroom and walking over to the sinks as I sat down on one of them as I stared into the mirror, just looking at myself.

Well, until my reflection wasn't really my reflection anymore, and instead it was a small, cute, pink-haired boy with pinky eyes. He had a sly smile. I recognized him, Mitsuba Sousuke, he may be a mystery of the school, but he's my beloved boyfriend. "Y/N-Chan~! Hello-" He paused between his sentence as his eyes trailed down to my broken leg and his face popped out of the mirror as he placed his hands on the sink, leaning forward and squinting his eyes. "You- Huh?! You broke your leg?!" He shouted in shock and I sighed a bit before nodding as I glanced off.

He stared at me for a bit, and I immediately knew what he wanted. I sighed lightly as I handed him my crutches. "Fine, fine. Take these first then." I hummed and he nodded partially before grabbing them and moving back into the mirror, and his head quickly popped back out.

I held out my arms, but instead of grabbing them, he shook his head. "No, no, you hang out with me everyday, and you still can't seem to remember." He huffed. "My arms aren't that long or strong, come closer." He beckoned and I sighed a bit as my face dusted a light red before I scooted farther up the sink and closer to him. "There, geez.." He muttered as he quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into the bathroom's mirror.

"Story-time, now tell me!" He exclaimed as he took a seat on the floor, placing his hand on one of his cheeks as he stared at me. "Well- I kind of- uck.. it's stupid." I groaned as I flopped down on the ground, just tapping my fingers along the floor. Yet as soon as I looked up again, I was met face to face with my pink-haired boyfriend.

"Silly, just tell me." He spoke as he flicked me in the forehead, earning a small ow from me. "Fine.. Well, I was with my cousins, you know, the crazy ones?" I hummed and he nodded a bit. "Right, well, they invited me to have a race up the tree and I accepted..? I got up pretty far before falling off and landing weirdly on my leg.." I muttered in an embarrassed tone as I placed my hand on my cheek and averted my eyes, yet I could still feel the partially judgmental stare coming from Mitsuba. "Really?" Mitsuba questioned with an odd tone and I nodded a bit.

"Geez, you idiot." He groaned as he shook his head which made my mood drop a bit as I hung my head low, which I think Mitsuba quickly noticed as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to his chest. "Hey, no, I didn't mean it to be that mean." He stated and I hummed lowly in response. "You're not an idiot, only sometimes, hehe~ Yet you're my idiot, you know that, right?" He hummed with a sly smile which made my face dust a light red as I averted my eyes shyly.

"Y-Yeah. I know, Mitsuba-Kun."

I'm so sorry I haven't been getting any chapters out lately! I've been super busy, but I should have more extra time to do this stuff now. Have a good day/night!