Chapter 6

"They say - "He do a little this, he do a little that
He always in trouble," and I heard
"He's nuttin but a pimp, he's done a lot of chicks
He's always in the club," and they say
"He think he slick, he's got a lot of chips
He's sellin them drugs," and I heard
"He's been locked up, find somebody else
He ain't nuttin' but a thug"
So whaaaaaaaaat, so whaaaaaat
So whaaaaaat, so whaaaaat."
Field Mob ft. Ciara "So What"

Geneva

"Chev, did you return my small gold earrings?" I popped my head out of my bedroom door to see my younger sister stuffing her mouth with the breakfast I made. As she placed a forkful of grits, bacon, and eggs into her mouth, syrup dropped down her chin. I gave her a second to chew and swallow before she replied.

"Yes, I put them back in the jewelry box on top of your dresser."

"I don't see them in there."

"Well, look again." I rolled my eyes and huffed as I retreated back to my dresser where my box sat. This is why I hate lending stuff to people. I literally took everything out and searched through every piece. I still couldn't find the pair. Those were my favorite. You know what? I'll just put on some hoops and call it a day. I'll look for them another time. If I don't eventually find them, Chev is buying me another pair.

Nao's Drive and Disconnect stopped playing through my AirPods and my ringtone started chiming. I went to the bathroom to get my phone. I looked on the screen to see David calling me. I instantly smiled as I picked up the call.

"Good morning to my beautiful friend."

"Good morning to my handsome friend. How was your night?"

"I couldn't really sleep."

"Why?"

"Because all I could do was think about you."

"Boy, stop playing." I smiled.

"I'm serious. How was your night?"

"It was great. I picked up something on my way home from work and took a shower when I got here. Then, I slept like a baby."

"I'm glad you got your beauty sleep while dreaming of me."

"I didn't say all that."

"You didn't have to. I already know the truth. Is there any possibility that I'll get the chance to see your lovely face today? How about lunch at 1?" It's almost 9. I should be done with the girls by 12.

"That's not a bad idea. What's on the menu?"

"I know that a bunch of food trucks pull up at the park close to the shop. I was thinking get something from one of them and eat at one of the picnic tables."

"Sounds good. See you then."

"Have a great day, Eva."

"You too, David. Bye." The call ended and I stuffed my phone into my right back pocket. On that note, I should probably bring a change of shoes. A pair of sandals will provide relief from wearing these heels. I grabbed a random black pair from my closet and my purse, making my way to the living room after closing my bedroom door. As I dropped my things on the couch, I noticed Chev and my friends staring at me.