Chapter 7

"If I ruled the world, imagine that
I'd free all my sons, I love 'em love 'em baby
Black diamonds and pearls
Could it be, if you could be mine we'd both shine
If I ruled the world
Still livin' for today, in these last days and times."
Nas ft. Lauryn Hill "If I Ruled the World"

Dave

"Ain't nobody dope as me; I'm just so fresh, so clean." I sang under my breath, hopping out of my car.

I don't want to sound like a b*tch, but I feel like I look like a bag of money. I got a fresh lineup and new braids. I finally got a dentist appointment and you would think I have veneers the way they're so straight and white. My skin is clear. I got a new watch shining on my waist and this suit looks damn good on me.

Things are going well for me right now and I never want it to stop.

"Hey David. Right on time as always." Heather, one of the dancers, greeted me as soon as I stepped into the club. We arrive at 7 to make sure everything is set up, then things pick up around 8. The club gets packed real quick, so the bouncers on the floor need to be on high alert.

Bagg, Ferg, and I secure this private meeting room in the back. It gets tense in there sometimes, but nothing crazy has happened. Bagg and I get along very well, while Ferg is still a little cold towards me but I think he's like that with everybody.

Ever since I was introduced to everyone on the first day, Heather has stuck to me like glue. She makes use of any opportunity she has to get close to me. Don't get me wrong she's good looking. You know, pretty face, slim waist, and thick thighs.

I don't have a problem with strippers

I don't have a problem with strippers. If you have to pop your p*ssy on a stage almost every night to pay your bills, go do your thing. I'm just not feeling her on a personal level, but she doesn't seem to get it. Even after I lied to her by saying I had a girl, she refused to give up. I don't need no sneaky links when I'm trying to get into Eva's heart.

"You good?" I looked at her just cheesing at me, and attempting to push up her jugs in her top. She's doing too much.

"Yeah. Just happy to see you. I feel safe around here when you're around."

"Right." I gave her the side eye before continuing my walk to the employee lounge to put my things in my locker. She rushed to follow me in there.

"Do you want that special dance tonight? It's on the house." I have never seen someone so desperate to give a free lap dance to someone. I swear she's trying to get me fired. I can't be getting a dance when I'm supposed to be working; not that I want one anyway from her.