Chapter 16

"She got me speedin in the fast lane, pedal to the floor mayne
Tryna get back to her love..
Best believe she got that good thang, she my little hood thang
Ask around, they know us, you'll know that's my
(BUSSST, IIIIIIT....) My ba-bay!
Everybody know that my..
(BUSSST, IIIIIIT....) My ba-bay!
Everybody know that's my.."
Plies ft. Ne-Yo "Bust It Baby, Pt. 2"

Dave

"When do you start camp again?"

"Next Thursday." Ace answered and I nodded my head as we walked through the entrance gate of his apartment complex. We've been at the mall all morning, getting him some things.

He's going to a robotics summer camp where he'll be staying overnight for two weeks. He had a bunch of different options of camps to choose from and that's what he chose. It sounds cool, so I hope he has fun.

When I was a kid, I always went to day camp where my Mom would drop me off at like 7 in the morning and pick me up by 5 in the evening. The summer after I turned 11, she surprised me by enrolling me in an astronomy camp. I don't know why but I was fascinated with space. That interest was quickly replaced by my love for basketball.

"Well, I'll try to come see you on Wednesday before you leave."

"Will you come with Geneva? I wanted to see her today. I made her something."

"What is it?"

"I made her a bouquet of origami roses."

"Where did you learn to make them?"

"On YouTube." YouTube University at its finest.

"I can't keep up with your numerous talents. She had to go into work today, but I'm going to see her later. If you give it to me, I'll hand deliver it to her and relay your message. If she's free, I'm sure she'll come next time."

"Thank you. I'm happy for you." He smiled up at me.

"Why?"

"You're in love."

"What do you know about love?"

"I know I'm young, but I think when you want to be with someone every moment of the day, you're in love. I saw the way you smiled when I mentioned her name. She's so nice and pretty."

"You're observant, but she's really amazing. One in a million."

"Do you think you guys will get married?"

"I hope so. Do you want to be a flower boy?"

"I'm not 3. Why can't I be your best man?"

"I already have someone for that spot."

"Who? I'm your only friend."

"That's what you think little man, but I have my own crew. I'll make sure you're a part of the wedding, don't worry."

"Fine." After climbing up the stairs, I stopped him when we were a few steps from his door.