Chapter 20

"You don't gotta put your cup down, hold on (Ooh)
Drink freely (Yeah) and holla at me if you need me (Ooh)
Baby, you should enjoy yourself (Ooh)
Bossed up, need no help, look (Ooh)
They say, "Fly girls have more fun" (More fun, more fun)
So what? So you should enjoy yourself, yeah, yeah (Yeah)
You should enjoy yourself."
Pop Smoke ft. Karol G "Enjoy Yourself"

Dave

"As you all know, tonight we're hosting a special event. This is Dave's girl's birthday party. I'm not tolerating any bullsh*t because I want this night to be memorable for her. If you make a mistake, you'll be walking out those doors and never coming back. Dave is like a son to me and everything has to be perfect. Understood?"

"Yes boss!"

"Now get back to work." As the staff dispersed, I stood next to the boss on the stage as I surveyed the progress.

"This means a lot boss. Are you sure you don't want me to pay the booking fee? I mean, you did shut down the club for this."

"Nah, you're good. One night is not going to kill me. I owed you one. You've been loyal and rocking with me steady from the jump. This is just a token of my appreciation."

"Thanks. I hope everything is ready by tonight. It looks like there's still a lot to do."

"Even if I have to get my hands dirty, I'm going to make sure everything gets done. Don't worry about things here. Go home and relax. We'll be expecting you two at 11."

"We'll be here." I dapped him up, then hopped off the stage making my way to the exit. As I walked to my car, I pulled out my phone to see a missed call from Eva.

It's almost 12 and I left the house around 8. I made her breakfast in bed consisting of eggs and French toast.

"Hey Siri." I called out.

"Uh huh?"

"FaceTime my heart."

"FaceTiming my heart." I got in the car and placed the phone into a mount she got for me. Sometimes, I have a bad habit of holding the phone in my hand while I'm driving.

"Hi baby." Her image popped onto the screen.

"What's up love? Sorry I missed your call. I was caught up with something."

"It's okay. I was just checking to see if you were okay because you've been gone since this morning."

"I'm fine. I'm on my way home right now. Are you good?"

"Yeah, I'm a little hungry. You really need to go grocery shopping because I'm struggling to find something to cook and I don't want to eat your last Jamaican patty in the freezer."

"You shouldn't be cooking on your birthday anyway. You know you can eat whatever you find."

"Then, what are you going to eat. I can order some food on DoorDash or something."

"Nah, I can pick up something on the way."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. What do you want to eat?"

"Harvey's please." She smiled.

"The usual?"

"Yes."

"You got it."

"Thanks baby. You're the best."

"Don't mention it." I stopped at a red light and looked at her. Eva started blushing and immediately covered her face. "Why are you staring at me like that? I know I look a mess."