Chapter 23

"I fell in love with you
That's why it's hard to say goodbye
That's why every time you smile
I get a little bit closer to the sky
And I'll be loving you through
Every moment, every wrinkle in time."
Yung Bleu ft. Ne-Yo "Walk Through the Fire"

Dave

"I don't think I can do this." I stood, clutching onto the sides of the sink with my head down. I've been feeling nauseous for the past ten minutes, but nothing is coming out. I'm even sweating bullets despite the fact that the air conditioner is blasting.

"Dude, you're thinking about this too much. Just go there and pour out your feelings. Assure her that you've left that life behind you and prove to her that she can trust you again. Everything will turn out fine." Demario said, standing against the bathroom door with his arms crossed.

"I don't know why I have such a bad feeling about this."

"Nothing is going to go wrong. You got this." I splashed some water on my face before drying it with a towel. I then looked in the mirror and adjusted my suit.

"Are you sure this looks good?"

"You look fresh, my brother."

"I couldn't have done this without you. I really appreciate you man. I owe you one."

"No you don't. I just want you to get your girl back and focus on this music."

"Those are my only priorities right now."

"You ready?"

"Yeah. It's time to do this."

"Good luck Dave."

"Thanks. I'll check up with you later." I shot up the deuces as I left his crib. Once I got into my car, I took out my phone and called Chev. She helped me put together this little meeting with Eva.

Now, Eva did finally agree to meet with me a few days after she returned to Toronto. We were going to link up at this cafe we used to go to every Sunday before church. However, I ended up being late. It wasn't like 5 or 10 minutes late, it was a whole hour.

I swear, it wasn't intentional. The devil was really praying on my downfall that day. I left my place 30 minutes early to stop and buy some flowers from the florist by my house. I could have bought them the night before, but I wanted them to be extra fresh. Not only did I realize that I left my wallet at home, but my phone was nowhere to be found on me. I tried to rush back to the crib and ended up stuck in traffic due to an accident. I couldn't move or even call Eva to tell her that I would be late.

By the time I got home and picked up my phone, I was already an hour late and I had two missed calls from Eva. When I called her back, I tried to explain what happened and that I was on my way but she didn't want to hear it. She told me that I shouldn't bother to come because she was walking out the door. I've been blocked since then and I don't blame her.

"Hello Mr. East."

"Hey Chev. What's good?"

"Hey Dave. So far so good. She's almost ready. Then, we'll be on our way to the spot. She's a little suspicious though. She just keeps asking questions and I'm trying so hard not to spill the beans."