Chapter 8

"If I was your best friend, I want you 'round all the time
(I want you 'round me all the time)
Can I be your best friend if you promise you'll be mine?
(Girl promise you'll be mine)
They say he's just a friend (Uh huh)
Now, girl let's not pretend (Come on)
Either he is or he ain't your man (Ha Ha!)
Please say he's just a friend
If I was your best friend."
50 Cent ft. Olivia "Best Friend (Remix)"

Dave

"We've driven past more than five places and y'all still can't agree on one. I'm hungry as hell so you two need to make a decision fast." I complained. Bagg thought it was a good idea for the three of us to hang out today. I don't have any other plans today. I wanted to see what Eva was up to, but I don't want to hound her. We already spend so much time together, which is not a bad thing in my opinion.

I can tell Ferg is still salty about me being in charge of the warehouse, but there's nothing I can do about it. I need the money and I was chosen. I didn't nominate myself or force the boss to pick me. He'll just have to get over it.

We met up at Bagg's house and I couldn't help but notice the vast car collection he has. I don't know why all of his vehicles are red, but they were nice. When he told me Ari bought two of them for him including the Trackhawk we're in right now, I was shocked. I already know that she makes big bank from her bag company, but he said they've only been together for three years. They must be serious because I've never thought of buying a woman a car unless she was my wife.

We saw a A&W, Carl's Jr., Dairy Queen, Five Guys, and Wendy's but Bagg and Ferg have been going back and forth on why those places aren't good enough. I don't really care where we go.

"What about the Taco Bell that's at the end of the block?" Bagg suggested.

"I guess we can go there. I heard that they brought back the fries." Ferg somewhat agreed. Bagg shortly pulled up into the parking lot and parked a couple of spaces away from this familiar car. Eva has the same car, but I'm not sure if it's hers. I don't remember her tag number and she doesn't have any stickers on hers just like this one.

We walked inside and I noticed how it wasn't really crowded. The few people that are in here are sitting in the high chairs by the windows. I saw Eva standing in line with another woman.

"Did you plan to meet up with your girl here?" Bagg asked me.

"She's not my girl and no." I replied.

"Who are you talking about?"

"The one with the curly hair."

"Have you always been a high achiever?" Ferg looked at me.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Just looking at her, you can see that she doesn't mess with broke boys; only the movers and shakers of society."

"What are you trying to say?" I frowned.

"Don't pay him any mind. He's just hating. Let's go talk to your friend." Bagg moved me away from Ferg and into Eva's direction. The nerve of Ferg talking down on me like that. I may not have baller or CEO money, but I can at least afford to take Eva out somewhere and give her a good time. He doesn't know what he's talking about.