Chapter 9

"I ain't tellin' you I'm perfect
But for you, I'll go to war (yeah)
So let me know now, tell me how you feel
'Cause whatever you don't do, another woman will (true)
But don't get me wrong, don't think I'm forcin' you, no
You know how it go, we can take sh*t slow."
K Camp "Blessing"

Dave

"I am done for today." I told myself. If I continue my muscles are going to be sore. I'm pretty much at my body goals. I was lean with a six pack in prison, but now I got the muscles that I can flex for my lady. Well, my best friend Eva.

Speaking of her, we haven't talked all day. I went to the shop to cover somebody's shift for the first couple of hours, then I came back here. I knew that she had a couple of clients to take care of today, so we were both pretty busy.

I sat down on the bench and wiped my face with a towel. Then, I threw it over my shoulder and pulled out my phone to call Eva. She answered on the third ring.

"Hey David."

"What's up Eva? What are you up to?"

"I'm just cooking for the week."

"I guess I called right on time. I'm about to slide through to get my own plate."

"Who said that I was giving you any?"

"Baby girl, you know you can't leave me hanging like that."

"I guess. See you soon."

"Can't wait." After I got off the phone, I left the gym and went into my room so I could shower. I got dressed and went downstairs to get a bottle of water from the fridge.

I made sure not to make any noise since Keyshia is resting upstairs. I let her know that I'm stepping out for a minute. Lately, she's been complaining of nausea and back pain. Her doctor put her on strict bed rest because these are signs that she'll go into labor soon. I'm going to need that to happen when Ric is home and not just me because I would completely freak out. While I would be figuring out what to do, she'll probably have the baby inside of this house.

 While I would be figuring out what to do, she'll probably have the baby inside of this house

"I don't know if you'll be able to handle the spice."

"Eva, I have Bajan blood in my veins. I can handle any kind of spice you throw at me." She placed my plate on the table. The aroma of the curry goat was making my mouth water. I went to pick up the fork before she smacked my hand.

"Uh uh. Go wash your hands first."

"My apologies. This food was just calling my name. You're not going to eat?"

"I usually can't eat after I cook because the smells fill me up. You can go ahead. I'm just packing these plates up for you to go with."

"Plates? I only need one."