Trouble

Word count: 1292

Andrews POV.
I ran as fast as I could to my car. My keys fumbled in my hand but soon enough I managed to start the car. Slamming my foot into the gas I sped away from garrets house. A million thought were running through my head. "I said too much" "I should have told him sooner" "did he try to kiss me?" "Do I like him?" I brushed  off that last one. I'm straight. "He hates me" "I hate him" "I love him" I love him. What? No. Stop it Andrew. I mentally slapped myself to rid of the thought. I looked at the speed gage or whatever it's called and realized I was going 45 over the speed limit. Before I knew it I could hear the sound of sirens behind my car. Shit. I pulled over on the side of the road and mentally prepared myself for my inevitable stutter. The officer got out of the car and approached my vehicle. I took a shaky breath still shaken up about my previous thoughts. The officer walked up to my window as I rolled it down. Immediately my hands started shaking. "Do you have any idea how fast you were going" he spoke rather calmly. "N-no sir- w-well yes.. k-Kinda" I could barely get the words out. "License and registration" I dug through my coat pockets and looked around on the dash board, in the cup holders. Everywhere. Shit I forgot my wallet. I looked at the officer with pleading eyes. "Seems I must have forgotten my wallet" a nervous laugh managed to escape my lips. "Alright Sir, you can either call someone to pick you up. At" he checked his watch. "12:30 at night or you come down town with me" the officers words were brisk but I could hear his smirk. There's no way I was going to jail. My boss would kill me. The only other person awake I knew was.. Garret. God damnit!

Garrets POV
I sat there crying and drinking for what felt like forever until I heard my phone ring. I stumbled to get up, taking another swing of alcohol. It was Andrew. I almost dropped the bottle. I answered the call."What do you want" I mumbled. "Hey Garret.. Um.. can I ask you a favor" I took another sip of whiskey before speaking."Sure, what do you need" my words began to slur together. He let out a shaky sigh of relief"Can you come pick me up at the police station" I nodded, even tho he couldn't see it. "Mhm" I mumbled. "Thanks" he hung up. I got up from the floor and set my bottle of whiskey on the counter. I decided I could drive. I wasn't too tipsy.

I drove to the police station like Andrew asked. I decided to text him because I didn't feel like being seen right now.

Me: I'm here

Andrew: you gotta come inside so they don't think I'm just running away.

Me: I don't wana.

Andrew: Garret. Please

Me: fine.
I got out of the car stumbling a bit. The bright lights from the building gave me a head ache. I walked inside and was greeted by an officer. "Are you Garret watts" I nodded. I saw Andrew anxiously tapping his foot while he sat patiently. It was kinda cute.
(Time skip while they did police stuff)
Andrew and I walked out of there in silence. At least until we got into the car. "I can't believe you..." I didn't know what I was going to say after that. I couldn't believe he was speeding? I couldn't believe he just left me. Broken. He looked at me, he was on the verge of tears. "J-just drive" I started my car and began down the road.

Andrews POV.
He was clearly drunk. His eyes were foggy. He could barley walk, plus all of his words slurred together. I doubted we were gona make it home alive. I wondered if he even knew where my house was. I realized he didn't when he drove to his house. "Um Garret? Your supposed to take me home" I said. "We're gona have a sleepover.. k" I could barley make out the words he was saying. "Ok.." to be honest I didn't mind spending the night.. I was hoping he would wake up tomorrow morning and forget this all happened. He pulled into the drive way and got out of the car. I did the same. While he was walking he lost his balance. I tried to catch him but fell with him. I scraped my cheek against the cold concrete. He got up and helped me up as well. "Ow.." I placed a hand on my cheek. "Are you ok?" I nodded and followed him inside. I let out a sigh and took off my jacket. Suddenly I felt Garret grab my hand and pull me to the bathroom making me drop my jacket on the way. "Garret what the-" "shh" he interrupted me. He had a first aid kit in hand. "You got scratched up pretty bad" he ran a cloth under the water before pressing it on my cheek. "I'm fine" I really was fine. He shook his head. "Nope, I can't let my little guy get hurt" little? I'm not little!? He leaned in closer and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "Garret your drunk" I placed my hands on his chest. His cheeks turned a light pink. "I kinda like being this close to you" he said moving closer, backing me up against the wall. I felt my face heat up. I looked up at his perfect lips. His beautiful blue eyes were glazed over. "G-Garret" he smirked. Suddenly the lights flickered out. I felt his warm hand on my face guide my lips to meet his closing the tension filled gap between us. I closed my eyes and melted into the kiss. My heart raced a mile a minute. His fingers made there way to my hair tugging at my ginger locks gently. I put my arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss. All signs of him being a clumsy drunk were now gone. His tongue slipped into my mouth exploring every detail. The taste of whiskey on his lips sobered me up enough to remember that he wasn't.. well sober. "Garret your drunk, I can't kiss you when your drunk" it was hard to get those words out, but it was the right thing to do. I could tell he was pouting even tho I could hardly see in the darkness of the room. "Did you like it." I heard the smile in his voice. I didn't hate it.. who was I kidding? I fucking loved it. Every second felt like a dream. But I'm not gay! The lights flickered back on and I looked up at my tall handsome... friend. He's my friend. No. He's my best friend. Always has been and always will be. I glanced at his lips. But they were so soft and gentle.. I bit my lower lip. "I love you.." I said under my breath. "Hm?" He was so hot.. damn.. I just wanted to kiss him again. I wanted to feel his lips sweet on mine. But he was drunk. It's not fair to him to use him like that. "You need to get some rest..it's almost 2 am." I opened the door and walked out and laid on the couch. "If you can't kiss me when I'm drunk.. wait till I'm sober" he winked at me before walking into his own room. For a moment he sounded completely sober. I blushed and covered myself with a blanket. It smelled like him.. I smiled and drifted off to sleep.