Distance

It had been a few weeks since Andrew and Garret talked. Andrew continued working with Shane on a new ghost hunting series, throughout the videos Andrew was constantly getting reminded about how him and Garrett had been so distant. Soon enough the fans noticed his change in tone and began begging Shane to bring Garrett into one of the videos.

"Andrew can you come here for a sec" Shane said, he knew about the whole situation with Garrett and Andrew. The day Andrew wanted to confess he walked in on Garrett making out with a guy, he was tall as Garrett, handsome, and seemed to be treating him right. Before Garret could notice Andrew quickly left discouraged. Seeing that Garrett had clearly moved on.

"Yea sure" He replied setting his laptop to the side.
"So.. you know how you and Garrett haven't been talking" Andrew immediately felt his heart sink. He responded with a weak nod because that's all he's been able to think about. "Well the fans have noticed and.. they want Garrett to be in the next ghost hunting video" Andrew didn't know how to respond. Of course he missed Garrett at the same time he was furious with him for just leaving him. "N-no! No! Absolutely not!" He protested. Andrew didn't want to get his feelings hurt again. He just couldn't.

"Andrew here me out"

"No"

"Andrew"

"Shane"

The two looked at eachother silent. Shane soon gave up, letting out a defeated sigh. "Fine" Shane sat down. Andrew thanked him with a nod and sat down again and continued editing.
~~
Meanwhile at Garrets house. Him and his new boyfriend Alex were watching a movie. Garret was in his own thoughts, thinking of Andrew of course. He missed his best friend. Not hearing from him made him think that he scared Andrew off. He wasn't surprised. Garret always wanted to jump right into things. After that night he called Alex because he didn't want to be alone. Garret felt bad for using him as a distraction from his feelings towards Andrew, but he didn't care. He thought soon enough he'd forget about Andrew and be happy with Alex. Boy was he wrong. And his boyfriend noticed. "Garret? You ok?" He asked snapping Garret out of his thoughts. "Yea, yea I've just got a lot on my mind" he replied with a fake smile to reassure his partner. "Your thinking of him aren't you.." Alex knew about the situation between Andrew and Garrett, well everything except the part where Garrett is madly in love with him. "N-no!" Alex looked at him unamused. It was obvious he was lying. "Well.. maybe a little..." He squeezed his boyfriends hand that he'd been holding throughout the entire movie. Alex stood up, beginning to get angry. Who wouldn't be. His boyfriend was thinking of another man. "I think you need to figure out whatever you have going on with him" he put on his jacket and grabbed his keys and phone. Garrett quickly rose to his feet and grabbed both of Alex's hands. "No!... stay." He placed a soft kiss on his lips in an attempt to win him over. He couldn't stand the thought of being alone. "Please" Alex smiled. "You clearly have something for this guy.."

"Pfft no. I love.." he struggled to get the words out because he knew he didn't mean it. "You. I love you" Alex placed hands on Garrets waist pulling them closer, he leaned in for a kiss but was stoped by the sound of a phone ringing. Garret tried to ignore it but the other rolled his eyes at the sound. It was Andrews ring tone. The tune went on for a few more seconds and went to voicemail. "Voicemail huh?" Garrett smiled. Proud of himself for not giving into the enticing sound of his true love calling him. The two leaned in for another kiss when suddenly it was Alex's phone to interrupt. He glanced at his phone and let out a fake sigh. It was clear he was only there to use Garret for sex. So a call from his "friend" didn't seem so bad. "Looks like I gotta head to work. Love you baby" he placed a quick kiss on Garrets cheek before leaving. Garrett couldn't even stop him. It all happened so fast. Soon enough he was left alone in his apartment. The dead silence filled the air and weighed down on his shoulders. He was completely alone. Before he could have another mental break down he remembered that his dear sweet friend Andrew had called. So why not call him back? He was his pal. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and clicked on Andrews contact name that had a little heart. On the first ring the line contacted and Garett was ecstatic to talk to him. "Hey Garret" his heart sank hearing that the voice wasn't Andrews. Once he realized it was Shane he decided to keep talking to him. He was also intrigued why Shane was calling him on Andrews phone. "Oh hey Shane? What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to be in a video"