Scared

Word count: 962

Author note: warning. Might hit the feels.

Andrews POV.
"Andrew" his voice was shaky and filled with fear. "Garret!?" I called out. Everything was black and the room was getting colder. "Andrew help!" I ran everywhere to find him. Finally I saw a light. It was a door. Opening it I stepped inside expecting for Garret to welcome me into a warm embrace like a regular dream. Nope. It was Garret but his eyes were bloodshot and he was not happy to see me. "Are you ok!?" I asked worried.

Slap!

I fell to the ground shocked. He hit me.. Garret would never. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes but I held them in not wanting him to see me cry. "Garret what are you doing wasting your time with that emotional wreck" I looked up from the ground to see Alex, Garrets ex boyfriend approaching him from behind. He wrapped his arms around my sweet Garret from behind and lightly kissed his neck, to his cheek, then left a soft kiss on his lips. Of course Garret smiled and blushed at his clear lovers embrace. I was furious, filled with jealously, and broken..The two walked away holding hands. "Garret wait!" I pleaded. No response. He was long gone. Happy. With someone else.
~
I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing rather heavily. I laid my head back down, thankful that it was just a dream. My pillow was soaked with tears. I decided to sit back up again because I wouldn't be able to sleep for the rest of the night. I looked at the alarm clock and saw that it was 4:45 am. I shivered and looked to the side of me to see no Garret. My heart hurt. Where was he. I began to panic looking around for any sign in his room that he hadn't left. Then I got up to search for my tall blond beauty. "Fuck.." I heard a mutter from the kitchen. I slowly peered around the corner to see Garret with an empty glass and a half empty bottle of whiskey. I sat next to him which caused him to jump. "Andrew what are you doing up?" His eyes were bloodshot just like in the nightmare. His hair was messy, he clearly hasn't slept much. Before I could answer his question I felt a lump well up in my throat and my vision went cloudy. No Andrew don't cry in front of Garret. Not now. "B-bad dream" I said as a tear fell. I don't know how to explain the look on his face. Tired, confused, worried, angry, compassionate. "What was it about?" His whole body was facing me, he looked so cute when he was tired. Just looking at him made me want to cry. "You left m-me.. for al-lex"
"Alex?" he questioned. I nodded. I don't know why Alex was in the dream, Garret never mentioned him. I guess he was my only competition.
"Yea.. he was kissing your neck and your cheek and holding your hand and just loving you" I realized that the tears were falling down my face, I was angry. Garret must have noticed because he grabbed hold of my hands. Clearly not thinking. I regretted telling him those details. God Andrew your so stupid. Garret then placed a hand on my cheek and I swear I wasn't sure if I had woken up yet. He wiped the tear off my cheek smiling at me. "I would never leave you" he began to close the gap between us before a wave of realization washed over him, changing his expression completely. I could smell the alcohol on his breath and remembered why I had approached Garret in the first place. "Why are you drinking" he didn't seem surprised. Just guilty.
"No reason" he shrugged and refilled his glass before downing it.
"Garret" I placed my hand on top of his to stop him from pouring another drink. I needed him sober. "You need to stop drinking Garret, what if you get hurt" I tried to make eye contact with him but he dodged my gaze. That hurt..
"Andrew it's fine really I'm just feeling a little down" he was hiding something. Whenever he felt "a little down" he would just call me and we'd look at funny memes or something. He never turned to alcohol unless something was really fucking with his head. "Can I help?" I was desperate to find out what he was hiding so I could fix it, or at least help. Seeing him like this.. broken.. it hurt so much. "No..it's fine really I'm fine" he faked a smile. He was about to snap but I kept pushing for answers. "Tell me what's going on"
"FUCK OFF ANDREW!!" He yelled. I flinched, not like he would hit me but that thought still lingered in my mind. I felt more tears fall down my face. He never yells. Something was definitely wrong. "Garret" I reached for his hand but he snapped to quickly.

"Get out"