27 | sapiosexual

Sapiosexual [ sap•io•sex•ual ]
n. one who is attracted to or aroused by intelligence in others

Here I was helping Sarah make plates for hundreds of men. She honestly deserves a lot more credit than she has received. When I finished one plate, I walked out into the long diner full of Italians speaking in their foreign language.

Finally, we finished and I sighed in content. I made one more plate of food before walking right back into the living room where Vincenzo stayed perched in the coach. He was leaning back against it with one arm thrown over the back of the couch.

The minute I walked in, I could feel the heat of his eyes as he looked me up and down with a smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes playfully at him in response before handing him the plate.

"Sarah made it. She's amazing," I told him before moving to walk away, but he latched his hand around my wrist pulling me right back.

"You know what else is amazing?" He asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes to match his current mood.

"What?" I asked, trying my best not to smile as I looked at him with as much seriousness as I could muster.

"You, not only that, but also all the things I could do to or with you-your choice," he said. This caused a smile from me as I moved my hand to walk away.

"Be quiet and eat," I told him, the minute my back was turned. Then, I could feel a stinging sensation on my butt followed by the loud sound of a slap. He had just smacked my a*s.

"I'd rather eat something else," I could hear himself. A smile was still plastered on my face as I continued to walk right back into the kitchen. Sarah was cleaning the dishes that seemed to pile.

"You need any help?" I asked her, coming up and grabbing the towel and drying off the dishes for her.

"You really don't have to. Go eat, especially before the men in this house start asking for seconds," she chuckled out. Despite her request, I continued to dry dishes before putting them up in their proper place.

"I've already eaten. I knew that by the time we finished serving everyone that the food would be cold. Cold food and I do not get along at all," I told her, laughing as I recalled scarfing down the food. It was too good of a dish for me not to eat it all so suddenly.

Sarah laughed as she continued to wash dishes and hand them off to me. "You're such a sweet person," she told me, smiling gently before stopping momentarily to look at me.

I returned her smile, as I thought of the true person with a kind heart-Anastasia. "You are. You do so much for this house and everyone in it. It seems that they respect you so little," I told her, puzzlement clear in my voice as I looked at her. A newfound sadness seemed to surround her at the thought.

"It's more than tha-" she began, but was cut off when Vincenzo entered the room. The plate was completely empty. I walked over to him to grab it, but he pulled me in by my waist and pressed his lips to mine.

Giggling like a schoolgirl, I grabbed the plate from him successfully this time before handing it over to Sarah.

I noticed how uncomfortable Vincenzo's presence seemed to make her. So, I grabbed ahold of his hand ready to leave. "Thank you so much for the food. You are the best, Sarah," I told her before planting a kiss on her cheek.

"We'll talk later," she told me, sending me a small smile. I wanted to stay, but I knew Vincenzo wouldn't leave long enough for me to help her out.

We walked hand-in-hand upstairs. Gladly, there were no interruptions as we went. I could feel temptation pulsing through his hand as he held mine. It was the way he held onto it.