43 | concinnity

concinnity [ con•con•nity ]
n. harmony or elegance of design

- v i n c e n z o -

Two months have passed by so slowly. It has been two months since I had last seen your beautiful eyes staring up at me. Two months since the last time I heard your laugh, seen your smile, breathed your natural heavenly scent.

Taking your hand in mine, I smiled up at her. "So, you are officially sixteen weeks along. The baby is growing, and the doctor says that he's going to be a very healthy boy," I told her, placing my hand on her swollen belly.

"I wish you were awake to hear his heartbeat. It was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. I just know that you will wake up before he's born. You need to be here to name him and give him that motherly love. I know I can't do it by myself," I told her, softly caressing her cheek. She was still sleeping, a machine was breathing for her, keeping her heart pumping.

Her raven-colored hair was beginning to grow back. Even without it, she managed to look beautiful.

Walking out of the room, I exited the medical department. Strolling past many doors, I walked into Valentino's office.

"Brother, you don't knock?" Valentino questioned. It looked as if he were doing something as he pushed something under his desk.

"I need to speak with you," I stated.

"Enzo, I'm kind of busy here," he let out a groan before attempting to cover it up with a cough. My eyebrows came together as I caught the sight of blonde hair from under his desk.

"Yeah, how so?," I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. His jaw clenched before shaking his head back and forth.

"Fine. Come talk to me when you're done. I'll be with Bella. Oh, and hey Anastasia," I said before turning around and walking out of the room. The sound of her shrieking could be heard as I shut the door.

- three months later -

"I talked to Valentino. We had a heart-to-heart conversation about everything that happened in our life. He thinks it's best for us to start our family in Italy where we were born. He doesn't want me to help him with the business anymore. It's just going to be you, me, and the baby," I told her, smiling brightly at her beautiful face.

"The baby is so much bigger now, Bella. I had even gotten to see his face on the Ultrasound. He looks so much like you-he's beautiful. He is also a fighter just like I know you are. When Valentino, Anastasia, and I were sitting around in here watching you. We decided to brainstorm a few names that you could choose from as soon as you woke up.

"I like the name Luciano, Anastasia likes the name Enrique, but Valentino loved the name Andrea. He didn't like it the name Andrea without rolling your 'r' sound, but only when you rolled the 'r'. He was really adamant about that. At first, I didn't really like the name. The more I said it, it began to grow on me. Andrea means strong, just like how our baby boy is.

"So, please, baby girl, wake up. We have chosen three beautiful names for you, and you can even add onto that list if you want. I just really want you to be the one to name our baby boy," I said, leaning down and kissing her forehead.

My hand went over to rub her baby bump. It seemed to grow every single day. With my hand against it, I felt a small kick. A smile made its only onto my face as I looked down at her.