chapter 1

As the sun finally started to rise on this dreadful night, Yunho slowly walked through the main gates leasing to the castle grounds.

His face was stained with blood, dirt, and tears. His suit was in shreds and ashes. He held his side as he made his way further inside, only to be horrified by what was around him.

Fires were finally dying down as they had no feul left. Bodies littered the ground. Although his throat was dry he still called out to his friends.

"Seonghwa!??...Yeo?!...Jongho!??"

All that was heard was the howling wind and the crackling of dying fires. His feet dragged as he made his way to the castle entrance. He heard a low groan. He picked up his pace only to find a bloodied and beaten yeosang laying on the ground. Yunho ran to his hurt friend and held his head up.

"It's okay Yeo I'm right here." Yunho softly said as tears left his eyes. Yeosang looked up and yunho with a terrified look on his face.

"H-how c-could you?..." Is all yeosang managed to get out, before a dark figure standing over the both of them plunged a sword down into the heart of the wounded warrior. Yunho looked up, only to be face to face with the red eyed demon.

The figure simply smirked raising the sword from the lifeless body below them.

"See you soon....son" the sword was brought down, but before it could end yunhos suffering, he sat up abruptly and looked around his room panting and grasping his chest.

He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself down. "It was just a dream..." He sighed with relief and layed back in his bed. Only for a loud bang at the door to startle him enough to sit up.

"Hey yunho! Stop playing with yourself and come down for breakfast" a voice said through the door. Yunho sighed and got out of bed making his way to the door. Once the door was opened he was greeted by Damian, the lead guard at the castle and the one who always gets a kick out of tormenting yunho. His face was right at yunhos, holding that same smirk it held Everytime he pushed yunho over. Yunho grabbed his face and pushed him out of the way.

"Get out of my face Damion, you just ruined a great da- OW!!" Yunho yelled as his wrist was twisted behind his back and pinned between his shoulder blades. Damian then proceeded to walk yunho down to the dinning hall, where he was roughly pushed into a chair next to his father at the front of the table. After Damian left, yunho decided to try and eat his meal as quickly as possible so he could avoid any conversation he would have with his parents.

"Yunho, slow down you are going to choke" his mother softly said. As he opens his mouth to argue sure enough he started choking. His dumbass doubled over and sounded like he was coughing up a lung. "I warned you~" His mother smirked as she continued eating.

When yunho was done dying, he sat back up and took a sip of water. The room was silent. The wind whistled in from the open window, you could almost hear the water splash down onto the table from the edge of yunhos glass. Yunhos father spoke up.

"So...I hear college starts tomorrow..." Yunho picked up his glass again and mumbled.

"I'm not going" his father dropped his fist onto the table rather harshly, making his mother jump.

"Yunho-"

"Don't start that sh-"

"Language!!" His mother yelled in horror.

He rolled his eyes and got up from the table heading up to his room with his father yelling after him, for him to ' come back this instant!' yunho managed to sneak passed Damian on his way to his room. When he got there he locked his room door and texted his friends.

Yunho
Guys I'm sneaking out
Wanna meet by the lake?

Seonghwa
I'm getting a massage right now

Yeosang
I'm getting my hair
And makeup done

Jongho
I'm not even up yet😴😴

Yunho
Fine if I go missing
I blame you idiots

Yunho put his phone away and changed into a black hoodie, and some simple jeans and sneakers. He slipped his phone in his pocket, and opens the window. He looked back into his room seeing his crown laying neatly on his bed, he rolled his eyes and jumped out his window landing on the tower roof,right next door. He climb down the tower stairs, dodging all the guards. When his feet touched the ground he took off sprinting into the city laughing to himself as the only thing that filled his mind. Was running, and being free for the day.

Running through the city feeling the wind whip through his hair was such an amazing feeling. He passes by plenty of faces, some knowing him just by his beagle like looks, others thinking he's just another annoying kid running around causing trouble.

When he stopped for a breather he went to a small store on the corner and bough some snacks, and continued his truck all the way to the lake that separated the good from the bad. He found his favorite spot under a wild Willow tree, it was perfectly shaded and had just the perfect view of the water. He stood at the shore line at his favorite spot and just took it all in, his eyes squinting as the bright sun reflected off the water. His nose breathing in the smell of the water and the trees blowing in the wind. Hearing the crashing of the waves,he closed his eyes and just stood there. His lips curling into a small smile as he was finally able to enjoy ever ounce of this place. With nobody to bother him. Not his parents. Not Damion. Not his annoying as friends who he really loved.

Not even him...Yunho sat up against the Willow tree and looked out at the water as he thought about that dream he had woken up from just hours before.

Who was that red eyed demon?
.....and why did he call me son...