3

His eyes scan the colorfull and creative room. My mind catches me staring at him for way too long so I turn around to face my design again.

I hear River's footsteps behind me.

He walks up to the teacher's desk and tells him something I can't hear.

'Everyone welcome River, he will from now on attend this class for the rest of the school year.'

oh my god

The only class I felt comfortable in was fucked over. I wasn't gonna lie, River did scare me a little. Hearing all those story gave me a weird feeling about him. How he didn't talk to anyone or how he didn't do shit to protect himself. It was weird.

It made me feel uncomfortable but at the same time curious about him.

Were the rumors true ?

'River you can choose a seat.'

He turns around way too fast wich didn't gave me any time to look away from him. Our eyes meet eachother immediately and it's the first time we actually exchange glances. I somehow don't know how to feel. I never had made eye contact with River before, he always used to pull his hoodie over his head and look down not facing anyone at all. This was weird but somehow felt right.

After a few seconds I look down at my desk again, my cheecks feeling really hot. Why do I overfeel everything. My mind litterly can't form a opinion about River. I just didn't know how to feel about him. He was one big mystery for me. It made him even more attractive in some way.

I act as if I'm busy with my work and I don't dare to look up at him again. Instead I hear his footsteps stop right behind me. Wich means he sat down behind me. Excellent.

At least he didn't sit down besides me.

Luckily we don't exchange glances anymore and I don't dare to look behind me. The rest of the lesson goes by peacefull and calm. I finish my work and hand it in. When I walk back to my desk, I see River very focused working. He looks really attractive and I let myself stare a little longer at his beauty before the lesson ends.

~

Before I know it I'm home with a bunch of homework. After changing in oversized grey sweatpants and a grey hoodie, I chill in my room for some time.

It's alreay 7 pm when I decide to start my homework. After struggling for a while I get into the study mode. It's hard for me. School makes me
feel so miserable and sad. I feel the weight on my shoulders way too damn hard, I have to succeed or else everyone will be disappointed in me.

Somehow time flys by and it's already nine pm. I rub my eyes out of tiredness. The soft fabric of my study chair makes me want to go to sleep already.

When I check my homework one last time, suddenly I remember something.

Shit

I curse under my breath as I practically run out of my study room to my bed room. In seconds my phone is in my hands and I dial my best friends number. She doesn't asnwer immediately and I start stressing. My knees weak and my hands are trembling. After a few seconds I hear her soft voice through the phone.

'Angel ?'
'When do we have to bring that book to literature class ?'
'Euhm tomorrow', she sounds unsure.
'Fuck.'
'You forgot to buy it didn't you ?' I hear her serious tone.
'I'm completely fucked.'
'Miss Grace said that if we wouldn't have it tomorrow she would..'
I cut her off.
'Fail us, I know I know.'
'Well the book store is already closed so.'
'I know Amara,that's why I called you for some help.'
'You can go to the library, I think they have that book there.'
'It's probably closed also.'
'Actually no, it's open till then during monday's.'

My heart makes a jump and my eyes lit up.
'Marry me.'
She laughs.
'Run bitch.'

My dad is in his office when I practically bark in without any knock at all. He looks up to me, confused.
'Yes ?'
'I need to use your car, pls ?'
'Where are you going so late ?'
'I forgot I had to buy a book for school tomorrow. The store is already closed and the library will close in twenty minutes, if I won't get the book I will fail literature.'
I explain as fast as I can in one breath.

My dad seems deep in thought of wether he should or shouldn't let his sixteen year old daughter drive his expensive car at nine pm.

'I will drive you.'
So it's a no.
'Dad I have my liscence, I can drive alone.'

He seemed to think about it for a while. Finally he sighs and looks up at me. He speaks : 'promise me you will only go to the library and nowhere else ?' 'I promise.'

~

Please vote
⬇️