23

The sunlight enters my room. When I open my eyes I look around my room.

It is a peaceful moment.

I stretch my arms while I am still lying in my bed. I take in the beautiful moment. But then a sudden pain goes through my whole head and memories of yesterday start coming back.

Everything comes back, something's are still a mess but I remember one thing very clearly. River kissed me.
And I kissed him back. My cheecks start blushing just by the thought of his lips on mine again. It had felt amazing. Even better the. amazing.

My eyes adjust to the light and I quikly get out of bed. I'm wearing one of my dad's oversized shirts as a pyjama. Those are my favorite to be honest. I walk to the bad room and I quikly wash my face and applie all the skin care products I have. I decide to also take a shower.

After applying all my hair products, I blow dry it and it calmly rest on my shoulders while I choose what I should wear. I plan on going to the library to study today. I choose a cute school girl kinda skirt with a oversized pastel purple hoodie. It's a lazy fit but I don't really care. My hair is in a wavy state but I like it. I applie a little bit of make up and finally make my way downstairs.

My dad has already left for work. I quikly search for an aspirin to make my headache less bad. I feel like absolute shit even though I look really good today. With River on my mind the whole time, I make myself breakfast. After an hour I also leave the house, I take my dad's second car to the library. I hope he doesn't mind.

When I park in the parking lot, memories start coming back. I think about everything what happend here and how our strange relationship started from here on. This was the first step and to be honest it feels strange to be here. I quikly make my way inside. I have a lot of homework to do. So without thinking about River any longer, I start studying for the test I have on monday.

~

Three hours have passed and I'm finally done. I did almost everything I had to and I am proud of myself for coming here. School has been pretty difficult these last weeks. It makes me nervous all the time. I have had multiple mental breakdowns over school but today went by pretty well. But River doesn't leave my mind once. Even when I completely concentrated on my homework, he's there. As if I can still feel his lips on mine.

I grab all of my stuff and leave the library. I make my way to my car. It's still really sunny outside. Days like these make me really happy. I always feel so much better when there is a good weather outside. It is very calming and peaceful. I quikly get into my car. It turns on and I calmly leave the parking lot. The car ride doesn't take that long. I hum to the music that is playing from the playlist on my phone that is connected to the car.

When I turn into my street where my house is located, something catches my eye. There are multiple police cars parked around my house. Suddenly I become really anxious. I ask myself what's happening. I'm beyond confused. This morning everything was okay. Their had been no sight of any police cars at all. Immediately I grab my phone and dial my dad's number. The call is immediately declinded. This can't be happning. He always picks up. Someting really bad has happend. I can feel it deep
down.

I try to calm myself down. Maybe it's not that serious. I breath out as I drive fruther away in the direction of my house. I notice my dad's G-wagon just casually standing there also. Wich means he came back from work. He never returns this early and it terrifies me even more. My eyes scan the other cars parked in front and around my house. There were three police cars, my dad's car and the black mercedes where I was sitting in last night.

River's car.

His car is parked on the other side of the road. I notice him sitting in his car while he looks at my house. He also notices my car and I see his expression change. He look satisfied as if he just achieved his long live goal. I quikly park my car. Without looking at River again, I make my way to the front door. River is not that important right now. I just ask myself what he is doing here.

When I'm about to walk up to the house, the front door flies open. It reveals two cops holding my dad in there hands while he's handcuffed and another cop walking behind him.

I can't believe my eyes.

My body completely freezes and I can feel the colors leave my face. Tears well up in my eyes at the sight of my dad like this. I can't lose my dad also. Where are they even going to take him ? He can't go to jail. He is definitely not going to jail. This has to be a misunderstanding.

Without thinking twice, I immediately run up to my dad. He seems shocked to see me but he still tries to smile even though I see the hurt in his eyes. The cops stop walking because I don't let them. I protectively stand in front of them not bulging at all.
'Dad what happend ?'
'Miss Rodriguez we ask you to back off', the cop on the right speaks.

I look him in the eyes with the most deadly glare I have ever given someone.

'Back off', I hiss back at him.

He seems affected at my sudden anger. But I don't care. My family is the most important thing in my life and I won't let anyone hurt them.
'Miss Rodriguez we can't- '

The cop is cut of by the other one standing behind my dad. He seems
much more kind then the first one.
'Let her talk to her dad.'

I see the pity in his eyes. With a weak smile I nod at him as a thank you. He nods back at me. My attention is back on my dad who looks at me with guilty eyes. He seems really tired and stressed out.

'Angel I'm so sorry. I will be back as fast as I can.'
'Why did they arrest you ?'
With tears in my eyes I ask my dad. He did do a lot of bad things in the past and he does own some illegal buisnesses but this never happend before. He had never been caught for anything. So why now ? But I think I know the answer to that. I just don't want to hear it.

'Someone gave the police a document where it is written that I own multiple illegal buisnesses', he speaks every word out slowly and carefully. As if he doesn't want to say anything that confirms these facts.

My face becomes pale at his words.
'River', I speak. My dad looks up at me with widen eyes. But he doesn't look shocked at the fact that it was River, he seems shocked at the fact that I immediately associate it with him.
'He asked me to get him the document but I never gave it to him', I quikly explain while still sobbing.
'He is going to pay, don't worry hunny.'
'Dad please don't leave me.'

Those words sound way to familiar. The words I never thought I would have to use ever again. But here I am while losing the dearest person in my life. The strange feeling I felt when my mother passed away returned. I felt the pain cut through my heart.

'I will be back as fast as I can. I love you Angel', those were the last words I heard from my father before he is put into one of the police cars. His eyes never leave my eyes. We just look at eachother while the tears keep streaming down my face. I mout him a 'I love you too' and then the police car roars out of the parking lot. I just stand there, my knees feel weak and my tears just keep streaming. Then my eyes search for the black mercedes. But when I look he is gone and so is his car.

~