31

(A/N: This is Neomi's Pov of her time in greenpeace also known as the mentall health centrum for teenagers owned by Robert Rodriguez, Angel's dad)

~

Neomi P.O.V

It is my first day here and I am
more terrified then ever. The people here aren't that talkative nor really kind to be honest. In those two hours that I have spend in here, people haven't said a word to me, they all just stare like I am some doll. But I have to say, for a mental centrum it is beautiful in here. Th building is fresh and build only a few years ago, inside it is very clean and everywhere are bright colors used for the design.

~

I already have a friend. Her name is Sophia and she is probably the best human being that I have ever met. She is mysterious and fun at the same time. I love spending time with her but there are a few things she hides from me. She doesn't want to tell me why she is in this place. Even though I told her why I am here. My parents send me here because they know the boss of Greenpeace. My mother thinks I have gone completely out of control because I hurt myself. It was only once and I had never had the need to do it again but she doesn't understand and now I am in here. But I could get used to this place with Sophia as my friend.

~

I have found out that every hallway has it's own bright color that is connected to a mentall illnes or addiction. I am placed in the blue hallway wich is for depression. Drug and alcoholic addiction is green. Sophia is placed in red and I wonder what that color means.

~

I am having a lot of fun in here. Of course there are bad days but with Sophia it is always pure fun. We have done a lot of sneaky things like stealing cigarettes from the staff and smoking on the roof of the building. It looks like she has spend a lot of time in here because she knows every little secret about Greenpeace and sometimes I wonder how bad her situation is if she has spend so much time in here already. Even though I am spending a pretty great time in here, I miss the real world. I miss my friends and family, god I even miss school at this point. We do have lessons in here during the day, but they are ten times more boring than at school. But luckily I have Sophia by my side who makes each day much beter.

~

Sophia finally told me. It has been three whole months since we became friends and she has finally told me the reason why she is in Greenpeace.

'I have done something really bad Mi, are you sure you want to know ?'

Mi

Only she called me Mi and I secretly loved it. We lived in our own world and sometimes she made me forget that there is a actual real world out there. But it can't be that bad right ? She is only two years older then I am, she couldn't do something that bad.

'Please tell me', I say with my begging eyes looking into her serious ones. She sighs.
'I almost killed my own mother.'

Her words hit me. They cut right through my heart. The confusion in my eyes was gone and it is replaced with absolute shock. I look at the girl that I had spend every minute of the month with. She couldn't do something like that. My mind told me over and over again that this was a lie. This is a dream.
'She could have been dead if my bother didn't push me away.'
'What do you mean ?'
'I don't remember it that well because after it I immediately blacked out but I know I felt this insane anger at her and then I just started chocking her. I don't know if I had stopped myself if my brother didn't come in.'

I was in absolute shock as I listen to her words. Every word and phrase makes sense but at the same time my mind can't seem to comprehend it. It felt weird knowing her deepest secret. After that she told me everything that I didn't know yet. The secrets we shared made us grow even closer. Until one day I destroyed it all.

~

It had to be a normal wednesday. Nothing special was going on today. The two of us had planned to go on the roof tonight as we had done a hundred times before. So after our lessons ended, Sophia sneaked into my room at night. I wasn't sleeping yet nor planning on it any soon. I was very much happy to see her. These last days have been really nerve racking and I needed to smoke a little to calm myself down. Sophia had teached me how to smoke well and how to make it even more fun.

She grabs my hand as we leave my room to go to th top roof. We sneak through the dark hallway. Everyone is already asleep and most of the staff has gone home. We smile at eachother as we make our way to the roof but before we have the chance to get to the roof completely, there is sound behind us. I heared steps coming this way but we had no time to run. They would catch us and I knew it, but I couldn't afford it to get caught. I was on the edge of leaving Greenpeace but if I would get caught, it was over for my freedom. So I did the first thing that came up in my mind.

In a split second I am on top of Sophia. I act as if I am trying to catch her. Then I yell for the staff to come. He was already near us but by now he has clear view on who we are.
'I got her', I say as I stand up while the guard grabs Sophia and holds her in their grip. My eyes meet hers, she just looks at me. She is not dumb at all so she perfectly understands what I am doing but weirdly she doesn't say anything about it. She just stands there in complete silence while looking at me with the most disappointed eyes ever. I see the sadness in her eyes but at that point I couldn't make up for my mistakes. And what does it matter, when I am out of here, I will never see her again so it doesn't matter. Right ?

But why do I feel this burning pain inside of me. Like I don't want to do this because I actually do care about Sophia. But I know I should do this to safe myself from this place and be home again. So I tell the guard a complete lie about how Sophia told me to go to the roof with her to smoke toghther but I only went to then grab her and turn her in because I am absolutely against breaking the rules. Weirdly everyone had believed me and in no time I was home again with my family and friends. I came back to my normal life and it felt like these last six months were just a stupid dream with a sad end. I never saw Sophia again nor did I ask about here. But I am still pretty sure that she is in Greenpeace.