6

His leg lightly brushes against mine as he sits down right besides me. I had never talked to River West. Hell I never even cared about his existence before but after yesterday's events everything has changed. I can feel his intense stare on me while my eyes are glued to my desk.

To be honest, I don't know if I should just talk to him or not. I never dealt with stuff like this before. Hell I never talk to anyone, let go River fucking West.

I sigh deeply.

Without thinking about it twice, I turn around. When I do so, my eyes immediately pierce in his. His facial expression is emotionless. As if he doesn't feel anything. But yesterday I saw the little shock on his face when he saw me and when I saw him. The thoughts of the River I saw yesterday still gave me shivers.

The image of his hands covered in blood never leaves my mind.

I don't pull away this time. I need to get this out of the way.

While the whole class is busy with their work and the teacher is helping someone else, I slowly pull closer to River. He doesn't look surprised.

There is still a lot of space between us but we're close enough so that no one else hears what we say. It did make me even more nervous looking at his beautiful face. So beautiful and wrong at the same time.

'Look I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Believe me I regret going to the library yesterday. I swear not to tell anyone if you leave me alone.'

I whisper in one breath. He listens carefully. His eyes are glued to me and I never felt so observed as I did with River. He seemed to analyze every feature I had.

'How can I be sure of that ?'
He has a deep and raspy voice. As if he just woke up.

I like it.

'I promise ?'
I smile trying to make this as less akward as I can. But it doesn't seem to work as River's expression doesn't change at all. He keeps staring at me with his intense and at the same time serious stare.

'Not enough, Angel,' he whispers back. The mention of my name made me feel a crazy amount of heat in my stomach. I slowly swallow while still feeling his eyes on me. I look down for a moment.

'How can I prove it to you ?'
'You won't even do it.' He calmly says as he turns back his attention on his artwork. It was pretty impressive. River is good at painting, maybe if he would put more effort in it , it would be even more beautiful. But something told me he really didn't give two flying fucks about school.

I furrow my eyebrows at his answer.
'So what you're just gonna kill me ?'
'Maybe.'
'Just tell what the hell I have to do. It can't be that bad. Just saying I'm not going to beat anyone up.'
'I don't expect you to', he looks at me again with now a smirk. He looks so goddamn beautiful. I push that thought away. 'So what is it ?'

'I need you to find and make some copies of a document.'
'That's all ?'
'Yes.'

Well that didn't sound bad at all.

Even though I really don't want to be involved in anything that has to do with River or whatever gang he's in, it is better then dying right.

'Where can I find it ?'
'It somewhere in your dad's office.'

Suddenly my facial expression dropps. For a second my world just stops.

He wanted me to do what ?

'Don't look at me like that.'
'I'm not going to steal anything from my dad.'
'You have no choice and it's not even stealing. Just make some copies.'
'What if I don't.'
'Then you're probably gonna die.'
'Just because I saw you beat up some guy.' 'Yes.'
'I don't even know what you're doing so what does it matter.'
'Stop complaining. You're not getting out of this.'
'What about money hmm ? I can give you a check. You can buy yourself some new shoes.'