A bigger conspiracy

"Luna Ching, what happened?"The emperor asked. His tone was cold.
"I have been poisoned by aphrodisiac. The person planned to frame me by leading me to the side hall. Thank god the aphrodisiac wasn't too strong. I was still able to stay fully conscious. So when we arrived, i pushed the maid into the room and escaped." Luna told the emperor.
"Who dares poison the future third consort." The emperor bought Luna's story.
"I'm afraid you have to ask my sister for that, your majesty." Luna said.
The emperor thought about it.
"Indeed, it was Cassie who suggested to go to the imperial garden, and it was she that told me the sounds were coming from the sidehall." The emperor thought.
"Cassie Ching! Explain yourself!" The emperor demanded.
"Y-your majesty, please forgive me. But Luna indeed told me that she was going to meet her lover. Luna don't slander me, i was only covering up for you." Cassie kneeled.
"Oh yeah? Since when did i tell you that? Do you have any evidence!" Luna asked.
"Hmph! Luckily i thought of this and have a backup plan." Cassie thought.
"Sister....you forced me.." Cassie said and pulled out a piece of paper. It was a letter, supposedly written from Luna to Cassie about her lover.
"I will be able to escape as long as that maid keeps her mouth shut. "Cassie thought
The emperor looked in the paper.
"Someone please verify this." The emperor commanded.

After a while....
"Your majesty, the handwriting is indeed Ms Luna ching's." The eunch handed the emperor and the letter and a page from Luna's notes. "The brush used is also Luna's brush. This is a brush made from swan's feather. It is one of a kind, this brush is found on Luna's room." The eunch also handed the swan brush.
Luna stared intently at the swan's brush. She felt hurt and betrayed.
"I never thought SHE would betray me." Luna thought. Luna's eyes were full of pain.
"Luna Ching you are obviously guilty! The concrete evidence is right here. Just kneel down and confess your crime. Maybe father emperor will spare you." The fourth prince chipped in.
"Hmph! This fourth prince is fatuous and power hungry. If I do not marry the third prince, he will lose the support from 3 big figures. Child's play, the fourth prince is naive to think he even stands a chance to the throne." Luna thought now regaining her cool.
"Luna Ching, why aren't you kneeling?" The emperor demanded in fury.
Luna did not kneel.
"Father emperor, I do not believe this is true. Please give me a chance to investigate, I will clear Luna's name." The third prince said. Now, he was kneeling on the ground.
"Third prince, why are you still defending my sister? The evidence is right here!" Cassie said while sobbing.
"Luna Ching you said that Cassie had poisoned you, what is your evidence?" The emperor asked Luna, now calm.
"Don't worry your majesty, I will present to you right now. Third prince, I am very thankful but you don't need to beg on my behalf. I am about to present all my evidence that Cassie is guilty as well as a witness." Luna said.
"You are going to pay for betraying me. I never thought I would be played by a novel character." Luna thought.
A smile crept to her face.

Who betrayed Luna? Do Cassie still have any more schemes? Is Luna going to succeed in condemming Cassie? Or will Cassie escape?
Find out in the next chapter of DONT DISTURB A NOVEL!
Please support me! UwU!