2nd arc <Concubine to Empress> Chapter 1: Search

"Urgh! I'm so dizzy." A figure collapsed onto the ground.
Arriving in 3..2..1
Agent FH-257 stood up from the ground. She looked around.
"It's not a bad place." She thought. The interior was decorated with various paintings and wooden furniture. It looked like the palace of a rich person. "Yet why was the owner of the body lying on the floor?" The agent thought.
"Ahh i see." The agent noticed the broke tea cup in the floor. "Poison. Typical."
"Baobao background please." The agent asked her helper.
"Yes agent. The novel is called from concubine to empress. The original owner of the body is concubine Xun, a fifth rank concubine of the emperor. Her background is not considered high, her father is just a small minister in court. In the original timeline of the novel, concubine Xun gains the emperor's favour upon entering the palace. She rises to empress quickly after the death of the original empress." Baobao reported.
"Who's the transmigrant?" The agent asked baobao.
"Concubine Mei. She entered the palace together with concubine Xun they were best friends. She was recently promoted to a fourth rank concubine. Your mission is to kill Concubine Mei and become empress." Baobao calmly said.
"I assume concubine Mei poisoned Concubine Xun. Motive? Probably jealousy. Concubine Xun might be smart however no matter how smart a person, they won't expect to be betrayed by their best friend." The agent quitely thought to herself. She felt something on her waist.

*from here onwards the agent will be refered to as Concubine Xun/ Xun  to avoid confusion

"The emperor has arrived!" The eunch proclaimed.
Xun quickly laid on the floor pretending to be fainted.
"Kya! What happened to sister?" A voice rang. A figure quickly ran to Xun's body and began shaking her. "Sister, how could you die first, how could you leave me alone?" Tears dropped onto Xun's body.
"I see. Concubine Mei poisoned me and then lead the emperor here." Xun thought.
"Sister, i know you were upset because the emperor didn't visit you. I even brought the emperor here, but how could you commit suicide?" Concubine Mei continued fake crying.
"Summon the imperial doctor!" The emperor furiously commanded.
Concubine Mei continued crying and crying.
"The imperial doctor has arrived." The eunch announced.
The imperial doctor took Xun's pulse.
"How is it doctor?" The emperor urgently asked.
Concubine Mei lips curved, she was barely containing her smile.
"It is alright. Concubine Xun is just fainted. I'll prescibe some medicine for her. May i please request for her to be lifted to the bed."
"Maids!" The emperor commanded.
"How could this be? How is she not dead?" Concubine Mei thought.
A handful of maids lifted Xun onto the bed. The imperial doctor was telling instructions to the maids and eunches.
"Your majesty?" Xun asked.
"Concubine Xun, you are awake!" The emperor exclaimed out of joy.
"I was awoke the moment your majesty arrived. Your presence woke me from my unconsciousness." Xun said.
"Hahaha! You just woke up and yet you are already so bold!" The emperor laughed his worries off, temporarily forgetting the presence of Concubine Mei. Concubine Mei was furious, her face turned red.
"Sister, I'm so glad you are alive!" Concubine Mei smiled at Xun.
Xun coldly smiled at Concubine Mei.
"Your majesty, may i be so bold to ask Sister Mei a question?" Xun asked.
"Of course." The emperor replied.
"Sister, why is it the moment you arrived you presumed I was dead?"
"That is because you previously said that you wanted to suicide. So i just saw that you were unconscious and presumed you were dead! Please forgive my bold assumption." Concubine Mei kneeled on the floor and sobbed.
"It is fine, you can get up." The emperor said.
"Your majesty. I did not commit suicide. I drank the tea and I fainted. I assume someone poisoned me." Xun declared.
"Sister, you are just a fifth ranked concubine, why would anyone poison me?" Concubine Mei asked.
"If the emperor investigates, i may get in trouble" she thought.
"Please uphold justice for me." Xun got up, wanting to kneel before the emperor stopped her.
"Don't bother. You are still frail. Imperial doctor, check the tea." The emperor commanded.
"Yes your majesty." The imperial doctor took out a silver needle from his pocket and dipped it in the tea. It turned black almost instantly .
"Your majesty, there is poison in the tea." The imperial doctor reported.
"That doesn't prove anything. You could've poisoned yourself." Concubine Mei said, in a panic.
"Sister why are you being so defensive? I didn't even say anything yet."
"I just don't like it when you accuse someone innocent. Your majesty, I have a way to prove whether or not Sister Xun poisoned herself." Concubine Mei told the emperor.
"Continue." The emperor said.
"Search."