Chapter 10

Katrina

We walk into the uniform shop, and it is owned by one of Karolina's friend Sara's family. She is sitting behind the register when we step in. She takes a second look at us and looks confused because I'm with Marco. We go over to the racks of uniforms and start looking through the piles of shirts. She comes around the rack and stares at us for a bit.

"Where is Karo?" she asks.

"At home. Why?"

"No reason. It's just that Karo said she was going to ask this one out," she says, pointing to Marco.

"You know I'm standing right here, right?" Marco laughs. "I wanted to take out Katrina, so I asked her out."

"Wow, okay. I bet Karo's pissed off." She laughs. Her father comes in and waves at us.

"Sara, can you please go to the bank. I need cash for the till."

"Yes, daddy," she says. She looks back and laughs again. "Bye, guys."

"Excuse me, sir, do you have a dressing room? I want to try this shirt on."

"It's out of order. Since it's just us here, try it on there," he says. Marco nods.

He hands me his jacket to hold onto for him. He takes off his shirt, and my breath is taken away. He is fine as all hell. His body is ripped with muscles and try my hardest not to run my finger on his rock hard abs. I look a little bit lower and see a trail of hair going from under his naval to under the waistband of his pants. His voice rips me from my trance, and I look up at him.

"How does the shirt look?" he asks. I want to say sexy as fuck, but I hold my tongue.

"It looks great!"

"Good," he says with a grin.

He buys a few pairs of pants, shorts, shirts, and a hoody. He gives the man a card that he had in his wallet, and a photo falls to the floor. It's a picture of a beautiful woman with wavy black hair. He looks at what fell, and he smiles, sweetly at me.

"Your mama?"

"Yes," he says quietly.

"She's beautiful."

"That she was." He says holding the picture and staring at it for a bit before putting it back. "Tomorrow would have been her birthday." I touch his arm because I can see that he is struggling. We walk out of the shop and put back on our helmets.

"Are you planning on doing anything?"

"I asked my dad if he wanted to do something, but he's struggling and said he wants to be alone."

"Do you want to be alone? I ask. He shakes his head and I see tears forming in his eyes. It kills me seeing him like this. I don't know what I would do if something happened to my mama. "What do you want to do, Marco."

"I want to drive up the coast and see the beaches. Mama loved the beach, and I know she would have loved it here." He says rubbing his eyes. "Would you like to come with me?"

"I'd love to." I say and I hug him tightly. "Let's go and pick some strawberries."

"Let's go." He says. He looks happier than he did a few minutes ago.

"Shit, your sister is going to be so mad." Sara says.

"Let her be," I say with the most confidence I have ever felt.

We head back to the house, and everyone is ready to go, including Miguel and Chucky. The car will be filled, and my dad suggests that Marco ride his motorcycle there. I get excited to be able to ride on the back of the motorcycle for an hour.

"Can I ride on your bike this time?" Karolina asks.

Oh, hell, no bitch!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading

Karo trying to get in on the action what do you think will happen?

Please remember to comment and vote!