Chapter 18

Katrina

My hormones are all over the place. I have no idea what I'm going to do once I get in front of Marco. My heart is hammering in my chest, and my breathing has picked up. I look up at his face, and his eyes are as huge a saucers he begins to close the space between us. He grabs the nape of my neck and brings me into a passionate kiss, and I return it just as hard. My hands trail down his naked chest and go lower and lower, and they reach their destination, his hard erection. He breaks our kiss and grabs my hands. He shakes his head, and I look to the floor, completely embarrassed. Did I misread him; does he not want me? It's as if he reads my mind, and he grabs me to him and hugs me tightly.

"Oh, god Katrina no. I want you so badly. You deserve much better than this dirty ass dressing room. I don't want to pressure you into anything."

"Thanks for saying that. Other guys wouldn't care."

"I'm not other guys."

"I'm glad you're not. I do want to experience this with you."

"We will but not here, baby. God knows I want to." He laughs. "Finish getting ready so that we can go for a swim. We still have a lot I want to do today."

"Okay, " I say as I go and finish getting ready. "Marco, did that hurt?"

"What my piercing?" He asks, and I nod slowly. "Hell fucking yes. I had to act tough when I got it though I got it at my brother Santino's tattoo parlor."

"Your brother did it for you?" I ask in shock. He laughs while he ties the string of his swim trunks.

"No, his girlfriend did." He laughs harder.

"What?" I laugh.

"Yeah, it was weird, but it was free. Santino did all my tattoos, though." He says. I notice he has a lot more than I thought he did. Almost all his body has some art on it. I love it! "Do you like tattoos?"

" I love them," I say and smile coyly.

"Do you now?" He returns my smile. "Ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready."

We get out and walk over to the lagoon. It is practically empty here, just a young family swimming off to the side. We put our stuff under a big tree and go to the edge of the water and put our feet into the water, and it's the perfect temperature. I squeal, and he picks me up and carries me into the water once we get further into the water he throws me up, and I land into the water on a laugh. We swim for an hour or so and have a blast. He grabs me to him, and I wrap my legs around him, and he floats us around. He kisses me under the firey sun and looks deep into my eyes.

"Thank you for spending this day with me baby. I thought this day was going to be horrible, but you made it so much better." His voice cracks and tears fall from his eyes. It gets me emotional too. "Sorry, I just miss my mama so much."

"Never say sorry for your feelings. I'm glad to be with you too." We head back to the shore, and I sit under the shade of the tree, and he lays with his head in my lap. I run my fingers through his hair, and he hums to himself. He kisses my arm that hanging over his naked chest, and I'm in full bliss.

"Hey, check your phone." He says. I grab my phone from the backpack. I look at it, and my breath catches in my throat. He posted of photo of him kissing my arm as I looked off to the water. He captions the photo #mine. I reply to the post with my heart hammering in my chest. #yours. "Really?"

"Yes, I'm yours, are you mine?"

"Hell, yes, I am." He gets on his knees and kisses me. "Let go so we can drive down the coast."

We drive down the coast for a few hours, and we stop to eat along the way. This day feels magical, and I must look like an idiot the way I'm smiling. We decide to start heading back towards home, but we want to see the sunset, so we pull over by a hillside and watch the beautiful sun go behind the mountains and the colors that it brings, and it's stunning. We get on the road, and I love the wind in my hair, and I get brave and lift my hands above my head and get lost in the moment.

"Let's grab food. How's sushi sound?" he asks.

"I love it. Let's take it to go."

"To your house?"

"No, ours."

"Are you sure?" He asks. I nod. "Okay, let's get sushi."

We get back to his place with all our food and drinks. I have to be home at ten since it's technically a school night, but Daddy said it was okay just this once. He grabs plates and serves up the food, and while he is doing this, I check my phone. Chucky has called me over twenty times and texted me 911 a dozen times. I call him right away.

"Chucky, what's wrong? You're on speakerphone." I say quickly."

"Trina' man, I just found something out, and it's fucking with my mind."

"What did Karo do now?" I ask.

"Karo ain't even here. She hasn't been here since the morning." He says, and his voice sounds like he has been crying.

"Chucky, are you crying?" Marco asks just as concerned as I am. "Hey, come to my house, we have plenty of food.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes." He hangs up after getting the address from Marco.

"Chucky never cries. I'm anxious." I say as Marco hugs me to him.

"Baby, maybe it's nothing at all. Let's not think the worst. "he kisses me tenderly.

Five minutes later, there is a knock at the door, and Chucky stands there, and his eyes are red-rimmed, and he looks so devastated. I hug him tightly and lead him into the house. Marco looks at him with concern, and he approaches us.

"Dude, you okay?" Marco asks, and Chucky just breaks down in tears. "Aww, man, what wrong, Chucky?"

"My mom's pregnant."