Chapter 14

Katrina

I wake up and jump out of bed, excited to get ready to spend the whole day alone with Marco. I go check the bathroom and relieved that Karo is not in there. She must still be asleep, and then I hear it the yelling. I go downstairs to see what is going on. I see Pete sitting on the couch, and he looks like he wants to run for his life. Karo is seated next to him with her arms crossed, staring down, daddy.

"What do you have to say for yourselves?" My dad yells.

"I'm sorry, sir, I'll leave now." Pete stutters.

"You don't have to say sorry to him, babe. I can do whatever the fuck I want I'm eighteen. I don't have to listen to them," Karo says.

"Oh, yeah? You think you're grown?" Dad snaps back.

"Yes, I don't have to do shit, you say. You're such fucking dick!" Karo screams. My mama comes over and grabs her arm and shakes her a bit. "You fucking bitch!" Karo stands up and does something that shocks the fuck out of me. She slaps our mama across the face.

"KARO! What the fuck?" I yell. I run over to mama. "Are you okay, mama?" My daddy's face looks lethal, and to be honest, it scares me.

"Karolina, get the fuck out of our house now!" Daddy yells.

"Are you fucking serious?" She yells.

"Karo, go until things cool down here." I say. She looks at me, and it finally dawns on her what she has just done.

"Daddy, I'm sorry I didn't mean to." She starts to cry. Too little, too late Karo. "Please."

"Get out of my sight," he says.

"Can I at least get clothes?" She says, choking back tears.

"You have five minutes."

"I'm sorry, Mama," she cries. "I really am." She says as she goes up the stairs. Mama has tears falling down her face.

Joey comes down the stairs rubbing his eyes from his sleep. He notices mama crying, and he runs to her.

"Mama, why are you crying?" he starts to get scared.

"It's okay, Mi Vida. Mama is okay. I made you some StarWars Pancakes."

"StarWars! Can I eat them now?" He screeches and runs into the kitchen.

"Katrina, aren't supposed to go with Marco today?" Daddy asks. I nod. "It's almost ten."

"Shoot! Are you sure you're okay with me leaving?" I ask.

"Mija, yes, go. We will keep him occupied while you get ready." He kisses the top of my head.

"Daddy, I know I'm going to regret saying this, but take it easy on my sister." I say, and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"She needs a few days away from us to appreciate what she has. I need to take this time to think too."

I run up the stairs, and she is packing her rolling suitcase, and she is grabbing her backpack of school books. She looks up at me, and she looks angry at me. What the hell?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask.

"You think you're so perfect, don't you?" she says, rubbing her tears with the back of her hand.

"I'm far from perfect. Dude, Karo, why did you hit Ma?"

"I fucking snapped, and I blacked out. I fucked up, didn't I?" Karo says. I nod. "Damn it!"

"Where are you going? To Peter's?"

"Fuck, no! To Tia Sofia's."

"Oh, shit, Chucky is going to love that." I laugh.

"I know! It's going to be great!" Karo laughs. "Hey, Trina' I'm sorry I've been a major bitch."

"It's okay. You better go before Daddy doesn't let you take anything. I will work on things here for you. I love you, Karo, you're my sister."

"Hey, I love you too. Have fun today. Don't get pregnant, bitch!"

"Fuck you, get out of here."

She leaves the room, and even though we fight like cats and dogs, she is my sister. She is my twin. I hope this will open her eyes, and she decides to change her ways.

I know what happened right now is terrible, but all I can think about is Marco and how happy I am when I'm with him. I deserve happiness and am going for it.

I get ready while the hordes of butterflies take flight in my belly. This day will be fantastic. I can feel it in my bones. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading!!!

Damn Karo up to no good again! LOL

Don't forget to comment and vote!