Chapter 13

Katrina

I help mama get Joey ready for bed, and I have a little pep to my step. I have never felt like this before, and it exhilarates me and scares me at the same time. I had a crush on a boy named Steven last year at school, but like it always happens, Karolina happens. She did what she always does. Karo promises to fuck them, and they go running to her. You would think that she would want me to be happy, but I hate to say this, but she can be evil. I mean, she can be good, but it's very rare to see she is a self-proclaimed bitch! I tuck Joey into bed and read him a story.

"Trina, I really like Marco. Hims nice." He says yawning.

"He's nice," I correct him.

"That's what I said." Joey touches my face with his chubby hands. "I love you, Trina, more than Karo. She is mean."

"I love you too, baby. I think Marco is nice too." I kiss the top of his head. "Go to sleep."

"Good night Trina," he says, closing his eyes.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket because I keep it on me at all times. I hate to say this, but I don't trust Karo at all. I take it out and see that Marco is face timing me. I scream on the inside, and I answer it. His face looks sad, and I feel bad for him, and I wonder what is going on with him. He was just so happy over an hour ago.

"Hi Marco, are you okay?"

"Not really, my dad just left to the airport." He says.

"Where did he go?"

"Back home," he says. I can tell he is fighting back the tears. My heart goes out to him "He said he wanted to go to the cemetery. I'm upset that he didn't think that I wanted to go. I miss my mama so much."

He breaks down right before my eyes. I start to cry right along with him.

"Aww, don't cry. I'll be fine. I'm just hurt." He says, wiping his tears from his face.

"I feel bad for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. What are you doing right now?"

"I was just about to turn on my firestick and rewatch True Blood," he says with a small smile.

"Really, True Blood?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I love True Blood! I have watched it all the way through so many times!"

"Me! Too!"

"I like the way Vampire Bill says...." I being to say.

"Sooookie," he says with a laugh.

"Yes!!!!" I laugh. "Will you still be up for tomorrow?"

"Of course! I can't wait."

"There is a lagoon if you wanted to go for a swim."

"Yeah, that sounds great. I will bring swim trunks. I better let you go I need to call Sonia and tell her what a dick dad is." He laughs. "Good night. See you in the morning."

"Good night Marco," I say.

My heart is pounding in my chest, and I am so excited for tomorrow. How will I ever get to sleep tonight? My door opens, and Karolina comes in and sits on my bed. What the fuck does she want? I look over at her, and she looks back at me with a smirk.

"Katrina, you going out with Marco tomorrow?" she asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh, Katrina, you naïve pendeja," she says with a laugh.

"Shut the fuck up, Karolina! You can never just let me be happy. You always want to be the center of attention. It's getting old."

"Whatever! He is going to want to do things with you, Katrina! What if he tries something with you?"

"What stuff?"

"A lot of stuff he can do. Like what if he tries to kiss you?" she says. I finally feel brave because I have something that she wants.

"Well, I'll just have to kiss him. I'm done talking to you. Close my door when you leave."

Her face is in shock at what I just told her. Yes, bitch, I said what I said.

I lay in my bed and wonder if tomorrow will be the day I get my first ever kiss. My heart drums hard in my chest. I can't wait for the night to turn into day.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

What do you think so far?

Please remember to comment and vote!

Will they share their first kiss or will Karolina do something dumb?

The video above is a compilation of Vampire Bill Compton from True Blood saying Sookie. One of my fave shows!