Epilogue: The Scars Of War

A month had passed since the Azur Lane and the Sakura Empire called for a treaty after they had stumbled upon the carnage that spelled the end for the Ironblood. Whatever was left of their land was turned into a memorial, left untouched. A small museum was created out of the commander's building, his karabiner placed in a viewing container for all to see and the fated footage on permanent loop for everyone to view. Another museum was built out of the academy that rested not too far away, bearing scars from the commander's crazed murdering frenzy.

"I never thought it could happen, but we have indeed lost an entire nation..." Enterprise says as she and Akagi watch the footage again. "I never knew fate could create something so sudden as this."

"I honestly can't believe it either..." Akagi says. "We heard warring and thought you guys were attacking so we went to provide support, but upon seeing this..."

"Not to mention what we've seen last." Enterprise says as she and Akagi watch those fateful moments where the commander seemed to return to normal. His and Bismarck's words were clearly captured on the camera, and the last few seconds of the footage before it loops back shows the two in a tight embrace before they sink to the bottom of the ocean.

"We've sectioned off that part of the ocean to mark the bloodshed that we once stumbled upon." Enterprise says. "I know I might not seem like that kind of person but I honestly hated war. I just didn't understand why we were fighting."

"I can definitely see it now." Akagi says. "But that's in the past, and the most we can do is learn from it."

"I just hope that something like this never happens again..." Enterprise says as the two leave the museum. "The scars of war are scars that never go away."

"Indeed." Akagi replies. As the two leave and head out into the water they look back at the museum that is the commander's building, knowing it will still be standing for years to come, and as they pass by the sectioned off water that was the battlefield Akagi stops for a second.

"Is something the matter?" Enterprise asks.

"I swear I just heard something..." Akagi replies. "It could just be me though. Let's go."

"Right." Enterprise says as they leave the Ironblood territory.

"Discipline is our iron... And glory is our blood... At long last we Ironblood are free to choose our own fates..." A pair of ghostly voices faintly say.

The End