2

"Stop." all your good humor left you in an instant. "That's not funny." you reached for the remote and turned the tv back on.

"I'm not joking." his tone softened. He took your hands in his, drawing your attention from the tv again. "I will put you on the right path to his heart."

"How would you ev-" you were interrupted by heavy footsteps coming from the elevator.

Bucky came into view, pausing at seeing you and Loki, hand in hand on the couch. "I just came to get food." he stated flatly before heading to the kitchen.

You'd invited him to dinner with you and Loki earlier, but he'd refused, practically slamming the door in your face. It had always been that way. Everyone told you he was just slow to warm up to new people, but it seemed like he was making progress with everyone but you. He came out of the kitchen and went right for the elevator. Loki gave you an encouraging nod. "Hey, we're gonna watch Labyrinth after this. Wanna join us?" you asked hopefully.

"No." he growled, not even bothering to look back before he left.

Loki sighed, leaning back against the couch. "What do you see in such an unpleasant beast?"

"I don't know why he's like that. I haven't done anything to him, I don't think. I haven't given him a reason to hate me. He's so different with the others..." you trailed off.

"He's not even that rude to Wilson, and he despises him."

You groaned. "Yes, I know, thank you."

Loki chuckled. "Everything will be fine. Just leave it to me."

"No. Just forget it." you rubbed your eyes with your palms, forcing the tears back. "Let's finish the movie, yeah?"

He nodded and pulled you close, resting his head on yours. He wasn't paying attention to the movie anymore, though. He only glared at the elevator. When your breathing evened out, he knew you'd fallen asleep, and his glare turned into a wicked grin.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

You felt a light tapping on your leg. Ignoring it, you shifted onto your side, unwilling to wake just yet. After more tapping, you curled your legs up to get away from it. Your leg was grabbed and shook hard, jolting you awake. You sat up and looked around. You frowned when you saw you were asleep on the couch, with no sign of Loki. Movement caught your attention, and your eyes snapped to a small figure. It was a child. A wide eyed, frightened looking child. A tiny little thing, with a tiny metal arm.