4

"Bucky it is, then." you smiled widely as you placed the food on the counter. He didn't waste any time digging in.

"Isn't this precious..." Loki's voice called from the living room.

"Dude, what the hell?" you marched over to him. "You can't do crap like this, especially to him."

Loki scoffed and sidestepped you. He approached Bucky, who was glaring daggers at him. "My, he's a handsome boy, isn't he?" he asked no one in particular.

"Come on, you had your fun. Change him back." you demanded.

He took your plate and began eating. "I can't."

"Bullsh-"

"Ah-ah, you'd use such language in front of a child?" he teased.

"He's not a child."

"For now he is." he smirked. "The spell will wear off eventually. You'll need to get him some clothes."

"Fine. We'll go after breakfast." you snatched your plate back.

"Oh dear, I have to head back to Asgard. Looks like it's just you and the little one." he turned, going back toward the elevator.

"You've gotta be kid-" you took a calming breath before following. "Why would you do this?" you asked once you were out of earshot.

"Hmm." he pretended to think. "He had it coming? A lesson in humility? My own amusement? I can think of many reasons."

"How about the truth."

Loki took your face in his hands. "Y/N, you are extraordinary. You are the kindest, most gentle person I know. What better way to show him than to make him dependent on you? To make him trust you."

"No... did you really think further manipulation was the best way to go? Hasn't he had enough of people messing with him?"

He sighed and dropped his hands. "Don't look at it as manipulation. Consider it opening his eyes."

You shook your head in disappointment. "This isn't right. Anyway, he'll likely ask for Steve as soon as he's done eating. And if he does, I'm calling him."

Loki pursed his lips. "Then do your best with the limited time you have." he advised before disappearing.

You turned back to the kitchen to see Bucky glowering. You walked over to him and saw he was finished eating. "Want some more?"

His eyes never left the spot you and Loki were. "I gonna hit him on his stupid face." he said sullenly.

You snorted. "I don't doubt you will. And when you do, I'm not gonna do a thing to stop it." He looked to you and smiled a little when he saw your amused expression. "So... before we go get you some clothes, do you want me to try to call Steve home?"

He gave you that look again; the one where he was trying to look for an ulterior motive. "Steve is my friend."

"Yeah, sweetie. He's your best friend." you grabbed the plates and took them to the sink before he could see your embarrassment at the endearment that slipped out.

"Are you my friend?" he asked softly.

You turned back to him. "Yes. If you want me to be."

He inhaled deeply and let it out slowly as he contemplated the situation. It was such an older Bucky thing to do, you had to smile. "Ok. You help me."