18

Loki hadn't left your side, and didn't intend to until the others returned. You were headed to the living room to welcome them back, and you could have sworn you felt your heart stop when you heard the words 'locker room' come out of Bucky's mouth. You released Loki's arm and barreled into Tony.

"Tony! Oh my god I missed you!" you squealed out of nervousness rather than excitement.

He snorted and ruffled your hair. "It's good to be back, kid. These guys behave themselves?"

"Of course. Did you?" you bumped him with your shoulder.

"Hmm, let's not talk about that. Barnes, you were saying about the the locker room?"

"Oh that?" you didn't give him a chance to respond. "It's nothing."

"If it's nothing, then tell me." He gently pushed at your shoulder to get a better look at you..

"We maaaaay have been doing something we shouldn't have, and we might have had a teeny accident. But it's fine! Everything's good."

"What did you do?" He crossed his arms and gave you a stern 'dad' look.

"It's fixed! I promise," you crossed your heart.

"FRIDAY, what happened in the locker room?"

"I have no data regarding any incident."

"Take me down to the training room," he strode to the elevator. When the doors shut behind him, you looked past a puzzled Bucky to Loki.

"Everything's intact and in working order," he assured you. You didn't have time to feel relieved, because Bucky turned and grabbed the front of Loki's shirt, slamming him up against the wall.

"You bastard!"

"I believe the words you're looking for are 'thank you'," he smirked.

"Thank you?" he scoffed. "You put me through hell and you want thanks?"

"What? Was the company that bad?" he taunted. "Funny, I'd have thought an utter imbecile like you would enjoy the chance to bond with such a resplendent creature."

Something akin to a roar filled the room, and Bucky smashed his metal fist through the wall beside Loki's head. He didn't flinch. He grinned knowingly at the man, only angering him further. He looked over to you and winked, disappearing before Bucky could actually hit him.

Bucky stood, panting, staring at the hole in the wall. The clearing of someone's throat caught both of your attention.

"So, clearly we've missed something. Care to tell us what that was all about?" Steve used his Captain voice. Natasha watched silently from the corner, arms crossed, while Clint looked eager to hear the latest gossip.

"Nnnnno," you rushed to elevator, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"Y-you didn't try to stop me," Bucky stammered.

You pushed the button to your floor. "I told you I wouldn't. Welcome back, by the way," you called to the others as the doors closed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

The rest of the week was pretty quiet. You took that to mean Tony found everything in the locker room to his satisfaction, though he eyed you suspiciously from time to time. Even if it was partly Loki's doing, you'd have to thank him again later. You stepped out of the shower and hurried to get dressed. You were meant to meet him at the movies in half an hour, since he understandably wanted to keep his distance from Bucky and the others. As you ran your comb through your wet hair, there was a knock at your door.

"Loki?"

"Steve," he corrected.

"It's open."

Steve walked in and you gestured for him to take a seat, but he declined. "Bucky told me what happened. Not all of it, but enough."

"Oh..." You steeled yourself for one of the Captain's infamous lectures. Considering what started it all, Loki wouldn't be upset with you for being late.

But the lecture, or even a disapproving look, never came. Instead, he embraced you. "Thank you, Y/n, for taking care of him." He pulled away and smiled warmly. "He hates feeling helpless, ever since he was taken. But he said you made him feel safe. Safer than he's felt in a long time, actually. He also told me what happened in the gym... and the locker room. I suspect I have you to thank for Tony not finding out, too."

"Loki fixed it. It's nothing," you murmured.

"It is, though. He's been a jerk to you, don't think everyone hasn't noticed, and you... you still put him first." You shrugged, not meeting his eyes. "I suppose that's why Loki did it... Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Have fun, and tell Loki it's safe to come back." He winked before leaving you to finish getting ready.