5

With breakfast done and all the dishes cleaned, you were ready to leave when you took a second look at what Bucky was wearing.

"Bucky, you can't wear that." He frowned at you, then looked down at his sweatshirt. "It drags on the floor, you're going to trip on it." You pulled off your hoodie and offered it to him. He wrinkled his nose at it. "It's clean! I just washed it yesterday and only wore it to sleep."

"No," he pouted.

"Fine. I'll go get you a cleaner one. I'll be right back." You went to your room and pulled out a different hoodie from your closet. Bucky was on the couch, still pouting when you returned. "Here. I washed this one too, but haven't worn it yet."

"No."

You took a seat next to him, "Why not?" He shook his head. "Yours is too long. You could get hurt, and I'm not sure how the spell affects your enhancements. This one," you held yours up. "should be long enough to cover you without going past your feet."

Nothing you were telling him was getting through, and if you didn't get going soon, you'd be at the store all afternoon. "Please, it's just to the store. You can change out of it as soon as we buy something you like." You were getting desperate, and it wouldn't be long until you resorted to bribery.

Bucky groaned and took the hoodie from your hand. He walked behind the couch for some privacy and changed. When he came back around, you saw it went halfway down his shins. "Is soft," he rubbed the sleeve across his cheek.

"Yeah. They're great to sleep in." You were thrilled he finally agreed to changed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I think I should carry you. You're not wearing shoes, and you might get stepped on." He shoved away from you and moved to the opposite side of the elevator. You won the battle of the hoodie, so you weren't about to push him on this as well. "Ok, but if you change your mind, you can tell me. I don't mind, I just don't want you hurt."

Luckily, the streets weren't too busy, saving you the trouble of asking him to hold onto you. You walked at a leisurely pace so he could keep up. You knew what had happened when you heard him hiss. You stopped, and he fisted your pant leg for balance as he rid the bottom of his foot from the offending pebble. "Ready?" was all you asked when he was finished. He nodded, and you continued on your way. After the third time, he looked at you, his face a mixture of anger and embarrassment, and you knew he'd had enough.

He faced as far away from you as he could while you held him. "It's ok, you know. Everybody needs help at one point or another. It's why we're here; to help people, especially each other." He slowly turned to look at you. "Don't hesitate to ask for what you need. Not from us."

He watched you silently, and even though he was small, you still felt intimidated under the stare. "Ok."