Chapter 11: Robotic Threats

⚙️Chapter 11: Robotic Threats

The squidbeak were walking through the city, eyeing the billboards, advertisements, and buildings. It was similar to Galaxika, but less...colorful. Less lively, almost, as there was less chatter and more people waiting in line for things or quietly doing something else. In fact, the machinery seemed to override any sound of person doing anything.

This place was so...weird. The squidbeak felt wrong, out of place. Of course, they WERE, but it felt worse knowing that they were supposed to be dead here. What would happen if they interfered too much? Would that wreck the balance of the other universes?

Just then, Prince quickly darted behind Emperor.

"What's wrong?" the older brother asked.

"Who...who are they?!" Prince exclaimed, pointing out a finger to a group of humanoid individuals.

The squidbeak followed Prince's finger and landed on the group, which...strangely enough looked just like them? The hairstyles, the ink colors, the outfits...and yet...something was off.

"They look just like us..." Flip and Rider muttered at the same time.

"But...they do not look quite right..." Hachi said, trying to get a better look at them.

"Are they...maybe...robots?" Nana suggested.

Indeed, upon further inspection, the squidbeak saw that it was a group of robots that mimicked their appearances. The squidbeak could tell that it wasn't their regular selves, as there was definitely a shine on the group's metallic parts that made them distinguishable from the originals. It was almost like someone had made several action figures out of the squidbeak and turned them evil. The robot squidbeak were starting to get closer, though they hadn't spotted the group yet. Quickly, the real squidbeak hid behind a building.

"What do we do?!" Gloves hissed.

"I say we fight them!" Flip whispered back.

"But we do not know what they are capable of! They are robots, so they might have secret weapons within them!" Hachi exclaimed.

"If only there was a way to find out what they were capable of!" Nana replied.

"I can go and fight them!" Flip offered.

"Flip, don't be reckless," Rider grumbled.

"Well maybe we can-oh, Goggles is going," Prince said.

"Goggles is-Goggles wHAT?!" Rider exclaimed.

The squidbeak turned their heads to find that Goggles was indeed skipping over to the robot squidbeak...the Robobeak?

"Carp, should we do something?!" Gloves hissed nervously.

"I'll get him. All of us going after him might draw attention," Flip offered, about to run towards him.

As she was about to run however, an arm grabbed her. Rider held her back from interfering while Goggles kept going. Just then, Goggles stopped short. In front of him, a cuttleling girl was trying to negotiate with the robots, there was a family of seals behind her. The squidbeak could also see this as well.

"Hey! That's that girl from earlier!" Prince said.

"I wonder what they're doing?" Emperor whispered.