Chapter 35: L1V3 To See Another Day

💣Chapter 35: L1V3 To See Another Day

L1-V3 growled as her systems rebooted.

"I-I will....NOT be b-beat-ten-ten bbyyyy yOUo....ORGANIC LIFEFORMS!" she screamed, though her voice was slightly glitched from being damaged already.

The Squidbeak held firm with their weapons at the ready, though they were still exhausted. They glanced over at B0BB13, who hadn't budged despite N35 and C5 recovering and coming to. She seemed to still be partially under L1-V3's control, though she'd been damaged and tired enough already. Everyone was anticipating a move to be maid, and L1-V3 was shaking as she studied her surroundings. Her built-in visor gave her information on everyone's health, and even though the Squidbeal were all tiring, they still outnumbered her.

The wrecking ball laid forgotten as L1-V3 pulled out her modified charger and started shooting like crazy at whoever was nearest. The Squideak backed up, not ready to deal with this sort of thing. It was like she'd gotten ahold of a Grizzco Charger, or worse, since the weapon didn't seem to run out of energy. Unfortunately for the group, B0BB13 was starting to turn towards them with her modified slosher, ready to attack. She appeared to obey L1-V3 for now, because nothing Goggles said to her worked to snap her out of her thoughts.

N35 and C5 were the furthest away from L1-V3 right now, and she didn't seem to notice them or care. Gloves and Flip motioned for them to leave the arena while they could and find Herald, who should be just outside the arena. C5 and N35 nodded before heading off in that direction while the other two ran to help the other Squidbeak. L1-V3 was NOT letting anyone near her with her range weapon, and although Rider tried many alternate angles of flicking, he couldn't really get anywhere without L1-V3 dodging out of the way or shooting him for being slow. The group had ink projectiles, sure, but ink wouldn't do much against a robot's grip on a weapon.

Goggles started turfing for the Nexus Laser special Thundersquid Jet...though it was really more of a dash. It would grant him way more speed, and that combined with his trait power giving him more strength and speed would allow him to basically outrun L1-V3....he hoped, anyway. He could then get that weapon away from her, or allow the other Squidbeak members to get it while he distracted her. It would also briefly grant him electric ink, so if he could find some way to glitch L1-V3 with it or something, that would also help the group. However, he hadn't seen any open injuries for him to ink on said cyborg, and she wasn't making things any easier as she kept wildly shooting about.

Prince started turfing for Stellarstrike again while Flip went to turf for Sakura Storm, and Hachi and Nana were already on it as Emperor also prepared for their special. However, as much as Rider wanted to follow suit to get Steamroller, he needed to keep L1-V3 distracted. Gloves was also going to go for his special, but he noticed B0BB13 was rapidly approaching Rider and decided to help deter her. Hachi was only a quarter of the way to his special when he was nearly hit by L1-V3's charger shot. Wondering why she hadn't gone after the slower Squidbeak member first, Hachi looked up to find that Rider was currently being sloshed on by B0BB13 while Gloves tried to shoot at her to get her off.

Weighing his options, Hachi decided to go after Rider while L1-V3 was still shooting at him. Nana could hear the commotion as Hachi ran by, and nearly got blasted by a shot Hachi had dodged. She didn't have her special ready, but that could wait for now. She ran up to L1-V3 only to have the charger pointed at her. Before she could move, she was shot at, the charger shot nearly piercing the side of her waist. Prince heard the sound and looked up, trying to figure out what was going on since he wasn't on the offensive.

Seemed like everyone was struggling to get close to L1-V3 despite her being outnumbered. Prince plopped into his ink and thought, though he knew he had to be quick on his decision or he'd waste precious time and his allies would get hurt.