Chapter 22: P3R53V3R4NC3

💧Chapter 22: P3R53V3R4NC3

Yeah, Nana wasn't so sure about dealing with a foe walking on narrow platforms over liquid that could possibly mean an instant splat or worse if touched. But surely with her Octarian Army and Squidbeak training, she could handle this, right? If only she'd had that flower with her that let her bend water some, then maybe she'd have a bit of an advantage. All she had now were her Octoshot and her splat bombs. She'd have to make do with those until something else more useful popped up.

If she had to guess, her counterpart's name would be N4-N4. Kind of uncreative names, but...at least they tried. Nana didn't really bother with names at the moment, but 2N4 was an option. She was more focused on checking her surroundings to see what she could do here. 2N4 was quickly approaching her, so she had to make a move soon.

The platforms were solid and not mesh or woven metal rods, so at least Nana could hide in her ink. However, the railings had large enough gaps in them so that any wrong move could cause Nana to fall through them and into the liquid. She raised her octoshot, ready to start shooting whenever she had to. 2N4 also raised their gun, but Nana wasn't expecting to hear a voice instead of a blast noise.

"You rebels really shouldn't have come here," 2N4 stated. "You dared disrupt our perfectly intact and orderly society, and now we must terminate you before our citizens question our rules and cause a chaotic uprising."

Regardless, Nana didn't hesitate to respond.

"No, you guys were abusing your rules! If you wanted true order, you would be fair to everyone while still considering special needs people may have! I saw what happened back there when we first noticed you! You all were being unfair to a whole family!" Nana exclaimed.

"Do you know how to run a society? Your IQ suggests otherwise," 2N4 replied. "This is your last warning before I end you for good."

Nana watched as the robot raised their modified Octoshot, but she noticed something. There was a yellow light sparking from the back of it. Was that...could it be?!

2N4 had an electric crystal! So this place wasn't a lost cause after all!

But how to get it...even if she defeated 2N4, Nana wasn't sure if she could just pick it up with bare hands.

Nana made a dive towards 2N4 in an attempt to tackle them down, hoping they would drop their weapon and she could get the crystal. However, she was knocked back by a cyan blast from the modified Octoshot, which stung her whole body.

"I'm going to take that as a reason to terminate you," 2N4 stated before firing more shots at Nana.

Nana was unable to do much in her humanoid form at the moment, so she dove into some ink she had and started swimming away from 2N4 to avoid the blasts. 2N4 chased after her, and Nana figured that at some point she could maybe quickly turn around and try to kick down 2N4 to get their weapon. She only briefly popped out of her ink to turf more as 2N4 chased her while shooting down the path. The two left the metal platforms and started entering the areas Nana was in before, which had more proper walls and stable surfaces. Nana attempted to throw 2N4 off by flinging a splat bomb back towards them.

The ink had barely any effect, and the force of the bomb only threw 2N4 off a little but before they regained their footing. Nana realized she couldn't change directions now, because her body still hurt and she might run into one of 2N4's shots that were trailing after her. In fact, she halted as 2N4 shot ahead of her to try and get her to swim back. Looking up ahead, Nana could see there was a dead end, and if she wasn't careful, she'd be done for. Thinking quickly, she started looking around for another way to recover.