Chapter 25: Getting Stronger

⚙️Chapter 25: Getting Stronger

The squidbeak and C5 were all walking away from Goggles' fight. C5 had directed them to a hall attached to several others, though he knew his way around from the times when he was still being tested on. The group only hoped he would make it out okay. They'd still had no luck with electricity crystals, and by now they were wondering how their own world was faring without them. They just hoped there was no major difference in time when they got back.

As they took a turn, they heard something coming from an intersecting hall. It sounded like a voice, so they halted to listen.

"Hey guys...I...made it..."

The group turned around to see Goggles and N35 running towards them. They indeed looked beaten up, and once Goggles caught up he stopped to get a breather...though he also winced in pain.

"Goggles! N35! Are you two okay?!" C5 exclaimed, rushing towards them.

"Yeah, we...um..."

Goggles wasn't sure if he should tell the truth behind the robotic squidbeak to the others, but then again...maybe it would be better to spare them of possible horrid thoughts.

"We fought G0G and won," he said simply.

"G0G?" Rider asked.

"Yeah, my nickname for him."

"Oh. How did you find us?" Rider asked.

Hachi and Nana got to covering and bandaging Goggles' wounds with cloth they'd found while C5 led them away.

"N35 and I have a link that lets us exchange information privately via our partially robotic systems," C5 replied.

"Well, let's get going now that we're back together."

The squidbeak were now walking through the factory together, but it was oddly quiet. Apart from the noises the factory made, hardly anyone spoke. Nobody was sure of why, but Prince and Emperor exchanged a glance as they looked at Goggles. He was walking slower with a small smile on his face, though he still winced from pain every now and then. From what the two brothers could tell about hiding things, they could at least tell that Goggles wasn't himself. What had happened during his battle?

Nana also noticed Goggles, as well as the two brothers looking at him. Something serious must've happened to change his attitude, and she would know herself from personal experience. She decided not to ask about it though, just in case. Rider didn't notice Goggles, as him and C5 along with Hachi were leading the way to the electricity crystal. Gloves also didn't notice, as he was having a look around the factory.

Flip sighed as she walked with everyone, also not having noticed Goggles' drastic change in mood. So far, everything was...okay, and nobody had been mean to her or anything. Maybe it was just her paranoia acting up or something, she needed to chill and focus on the task. The squidbeak soon entered a large room, the center containing a metal machine of sorts. C5 identified it as a generator for something, though it wasn't the group's focus at the moment. As the group made their way past it however, a voice came on through a sort of loudspeakers.

"Greetings, fellow rebels. I know you've snuck into my lair, which is why I've captured your little leader here. I'm currently holding her hostage in my office, and if you don't believe me...well..."

The voice switched to a different one, one the group recognized as...Bobble's?!

"You guys! She's got me tied up over a vat of water...and why is it green? Nevermind, forget me! Get the electric crystals and get out of here so you can fix this mmph-!"

The voice was cut off and replaced with L1-V3 again.

"Ah, so Electric crystals are what you want, hmm? Well, just makes things easier for me, heh. Now, if you want your friend to not die by acid, then come find me in my office and confirm you'll give up your silly mission. That is all."

The voice got off the speakers, and the squidbeak immediately started to panic.

"WHAT DO WE DO?!" Gloves shouted.

"SHE'S GONNA KILL SOMEONE!" Goggles yelped.

"Stay calm, stay calm-" Flip said repeatedly as she tried to make herself useful and think of a way out.

"We have to hurry, but we don't even know where to go!" Prince worried.

"But what if it's all a trap? Ughh, we have no way of knowing!" Rider groaned.

All of the squidbeak were cut off however, when N35 silenced them and pointed to C5. Once the attention was on him, he spoke.

"We have no choice. We have to get to Bobble."

"Why can't we split up to find the electricity crystals AND save Bobble?" Emperor asked.

C5 sighed.

"Because the electricity crystals were in L1-V3's office."

"...oh. Well I guess we should erm...keep goi-"

Emperor was interrupted by L1-V3's voice coming into speaker again.

"Oh and by the way, I sent someone down to deal with you all. Hope you have fun~"

The Squidbeak froze as the voice hung up. They could hear metallic footsteps approaching the room, and seeing that the other robots had appeared in an order they remembered using during their time in Nexus Laser City, they were assuming it was Rider. They nonetheless still attempted to make their way out of the room as fast as they could. Just before they could reach the exit door though, their assumptions were proved correct as a robotic Rider dropped out of the vents. They all quickly scattered as he swung what looked like a modified dynamo roller at them.

Rider then pulled out his dynamo and ran at his robotic counterpart, who in turn ran at Rider. This left the door unguarded, but there was no way the group could simply lose this robotic Rider so easily. Looked like they had to let Rider do his thing.

"The door!" Flip exclaimed. "Let's move!"

"Are you sure?" Hachi asked, Rider and his counterpart fighting behind them. "This robot version of you...R1-D3R if I had to guess, seems pretty strong!"

"I'm sure! You guys keep going to the office, I'll catch up with you guys later!" Rider barked angrily.

"No, wait! I'll fight with you! Then I can lead you back to the group when we're done!" C5 said.

"Ugh, but what about the crystal? Who'll lead the group?" Rider asked.

"I'll take them to the crystal in her office," N35 replied.

"AND I CAN LEAD!" Flip quickly added.

"Flip?! No, you can't. I won't allow our most recent member-"

"Rider, watch out!"

C5 pushed Rider out of the way as R1-D3R slammed his modified dynamo down nearby.

"Ugh, fine! Whatever! I regret this already, so DON'T LET ME DOWN!" Rider growled angrily as he got up and prepared to fight his counterpart.

Flip and the others then got going with N35 leading the way.

"Don't worry, Rider..." Flip mumbled under her breath.

"I won't."