Chapter 36: Runway Wrath

🚅Chapter 36: Runway Wrath

They could technically run.

The Squidbeak and co. could run or swim as fast as they could from that wrecking ball robot while going after L1-V3. In fact, that might as well be what they do, because if they lost L1-V3 it was over. Goggles and Prince were the first two to speed off after L1-V3 as the rest of the Squidbeak changed their colors to blue and followed them. The Wrecking Ball Robot, or TWBR for short, sped after the group on its smaller legs before pulling them in and ROLLING after the group. Well this was a disaster, because if it rolled over them, it could splat them all.

L1-V3 disappeared around a corner at the end of the hall leading away from the arena, but when Goggles and Prince caught up and turned the corner, she was nowhere to be seen. They could hear the screaming of the rest of their teammates and figured that they'd have to do something fast, and that was when Prince spotted a button hidden amongst the walls. Upon pressing it, a large staircase opened up from underneath the floor, and Goggles and Prince wasted no time in inking a path and speeding down it with the others following them. However, the problem came when the group realized that a wrecking ball rolling down a staircase was not something they wanted, and that they'd just made the situation worse. They would NOT be able to outspeed it, so they'd have to try and cut it off somehow.

"Rider!" Flip shouted. "Try brute force against that thing, you're the only one here with a heavyweight weapon!"

"Right!" Rider replied as he hopped out of his ink and waited by the stair entrance.

The others sped past him as fast as they could, while Flip got out of her ink and dashed to the stair button. As TWBR neared the two, Rider reeled back and swung down as hard as he could. The force of the dynamo against the robot only briefly stopped it, but that was all the time Flip needed. She pushed the stair button before grabbing Rider and pulling him down the staircase with her, the path closing behind them. The robot didn't follow, and the group was glad it wasn't smart enough to use its robotic appendages to press the button and roll down after them.

The underground area was lit with dim subway station lights, but it was enough for the Squidbeak to see. It went down for quite a while, and the Squidbeak decided to walk down it instead of swimming now that there wasn't a threat around.

"Great thinking, Flip!" Hachi commented.

"Yeah, I was NOT ready to try and swim faster than that thing," Gloves added.

"Peasant work, but...it's saved a king and his people from-"

Prince gave his brother a look that said "remember what we talked about?", and Emperor re-adjusted.

"It's saved us from possible immediate death, so...congratulations on doing well."

"Thanks," Flip huffed. "I didn't think it would work as well as it did, but...I thank Rider for at least cooperating with me."

"Yeah, without him we could've been GONERS!" Goggles exclaimed.

"Well...thanks for giving me credit...I guess," Rider muttered, though it was genuine.

"No prob."

Flip and the others smiled as they continued down their way, nobody poking fun at Rider for being unable to word how he felt entirely. Besides, the last thing they needed was a team split up before confronting L1-V3 again. The cyborgs meanwhile, had contacted Herald (as all workers of L1-V3 had access to a communication device and system that let them communicate with each other) about what was going on up above. Unfortunately Bobble was still out, but Herald was working on commanding the robots to help out as best they could. Around 5 minutes or so later, the Squidbeak heard a voice.