Chapter 23: Cheering Them Up

⚙️Chapter 23: Cheering Them Up

Emperor and Prince had been moving around since the robot fight, though Emperor's wounds still needed tending to. Prince was willing to lend some of his cloths he had for bandages, but Emperor insisted that the young inkling keep them to himself instead. They were still in the vents, purely for stealth reasons at this point since Emperor had failed to spot any noticeable cameras around the facility. Still no sign of any electricity crystals as well, which was a bummer. The sounds of machinery clanking around as they made their way through the factory HQ was the only other sound they could hear at this point.

As they looked ahead, they could see that the vents came to an intersection. If they kept going the way they were, they'd hit a dead end straight ahead. Well, neither of them knew which way to turn, so once they got to the end of the system, they stopped and waited. Just then, they heard the sounds of something approaching from one of the paths perpendicular to theirs. Turning their heads, the two saw three very familiar looking squids making their way towards them.

"Goggles?" Emperor mumbled quietly, in case it was a false alarm.

"Rider!" Prince exclaimed.

Indeed, it was them! The two teams got together at the middle of the intersection. The two sun yellow inklings immediately noticed the new addition to the other three.

"Who's the new squid?" Prince asked.

"C5, the counterpart to Specs...I think," Ruder replied.

"Ah, so if you found him then that means...you've got both of the team members Bobble told us about?" Emperor asked.

"Yup!" Goggles chirped happily.

"I see...hmmm. Do you think now is a good time to find the others?" Emperor asked.

"Yeah, we've had no luck with crystals, but C5 says he knows where to find one!" Goggles replied.

"Well, we've had no luck either, so what are we waiting for?!" Prince said excitedly, though he was still a bit nervous about being in unfamiliar terrain. "Lets go!"

-----

L1-V3 was pacing around her office in anger, hoping to come up with some way to defeat those rebels. They'd already wiped out 5 of the 8 robots, and by cod were they doing it FAST. How?? Of course, she'd sent some of her robots after them to try and eliminate them, but nothing was working! It was almost as if they had another ally on their side that knew the place and was helping them. Wait a second...

That girl from when her robots first encountered that rebel group. She recognized her from somewhere...oh yes. That girl was the one who broke in and modified those two robots from the strongest turf team in Inkopolis Square. That was it, the goal was now to capture her. Well, it wouldn't be hard since she had cameras everywhere. Maybe she could get a droid to find her hiding spot.

L1-V3 got onto her computer and began going through all the cameras she had. Some overlooked certain places, but that was what the droids were for. As she went through them, she looked for any signs of blue. She could only hope this girl was out and about at this time. She scanned over a local market to see if she'd taken any food, since the rebel group that was already in this world had no homes anymore.

She found the girl in no time, hurriedly running away with some goods in hand.

"Gotcha," L1-V3 smiled.