Chapter 18: W15D0M

⚡️Chapter 18: W15D0M

Hachi was ready to take on his counterpart. Seeing as how the other robots were referred to with a sense of leet speak, he guessed that his counterpart's name was H4-CH1. The robot was currently glaring around the area after it had been tricked by Squidbeak.

"You weaklings will pay for tr-huh?!"

Indeed, the cephalopod trio had hidden away while Hachi had made his way over. It was only the two of them now, as the rest of the squidbeak were far away. They also had a giant wall on their side, and a pretty tough one at that. Hachi had a feeling he could probably use that if he figured out a way to utilize it to his advantage. He made a move towards H4-CH1 to see what the robot would do.

The robot immediately whipped out a blaster of sorts, and it was now that Hachi wished he could summon his Nexus Laser headset so he could see the stats of his foe. H4-CH1 shot yellow blasts of energy at the Octoling, and Hachi managed to sink into his ink and swim away to dodge. He then made a move towards H4-CH1, and threw down a toxic mist to slow him. However, he was shocked when the robot sped towards him as well and landed a punch to his gut as he popped out of his ink. It seemed that the robots here were not affected by the mist, and that they didn't really have any ink to deplete in the first place either.

Drat, well there went that. Hachi had a sinking feeling that ink in general wouldn't do much either. He dropped back into his ink as the pain stung throughout his body, then started moving away to see what his robot counterpart would do. He started nearing the wall as H4-CH1 raised his blaster to shoot at him, but at least now he could see what this wall was capable of. Hachi shot ink at it, trying not to get backed up against it in the process.

No dice, the wall was un-inkable. Well, he could probably still slam his robot counterpart against it as an alternate option. But he'd also need super strength to do so, which would most likely require his trait power up. As H4-CH1 rushed forwards, Hachi dove out of the way, the robot slammed into the wall. They didn't leave a dent in it or anything, which just proved how strong the wall was.

As Hachi swam back around to try and put H4-CH1 against the wall, he pulled out his own Blaster and started shooting. However, the robot seemed to pick up on the fact the rest of the squidbeak were alongside the wall, and sped after them. Naturally, Hachi gave chase by inking a path and following him, though he figured that the robot might eventually outspeed him. Hachi knew he'd have to make a wise decision here, let the robot get to his friends or get him away from them at the cost of getting him out of a vulnerable position. It was a risk to take, and even if his friends were also armed with their weapons, he couldn't risk them getting hurt too.

He'd decided on protecting his friends, and as he leapt out of his ink he threw a toxic mist at H4-CH1's facial area. It didn't slow the robot down, but it halted them for enough time to allow Hachi to catch up and get in front of the robot, shooting his body with his blaster. The robot, in an act of quick thinking and an attempt to preserve itself, sped away from the threat to recalculate possible other routes. As Hachi followed H4-CH1 back to where they were initially fighting, his body suddenly gained strength, and he recognized it as his trait powering up. Just what he needed, and at the right time, too! He sped forward even more, attempting to grapple his robot counterpart down.

H4-CH1 saw him coming, and fought back as best he could. It was harder than expected, and the robot had not expected such strength to radiate from a simple organic being. As Hachi held him down, a thought crossed his mind. He still had that sandpaper on him, and he could probably get it out of that small pouch if he was quick enough. Maybe if he could scratch the area around the eyes, or a body part, he could get an advantage!