Chapter 24: 0P71M15M

🌑Chapter 24: 0p71M15M

⚠️WARNING: THIS CHAPTER GETS DARK. It mentions death and the truth behind the robots. If you are unable to handle such things, please refrain from reading the chapter.⚠️

Goggles immediately went for a burst bomb to the robot's face. Naturally he had to find some way to get an advantage, right? Robot Goggles dodged however, and leapt towards Goggles in an attempt to attack. N35 intervened, which surprisingly caused robot Goggles to skid to a halt.

"Why are you defending this rebellious pile of flesh?" the robotic Goggles asked,"He needs to be terminated for causing disorder throughout the city!"

"Well G0G-G135, maybe it's because I am tired of this life, and these so called flesh piles will restore this place back to what it was before once they leave this place with what they need!"

Man, these robot names were really becoming a handful. Goggles supposed a little shortening wouldn't hurt anything, and G0G would do for now. Meanwhile, G0G pulled out a modified Splattershot and blasted N35 with blue energy.

"N35!" Goggles yelped.

She lost her balance and fell, but gripped another gear to try and climb back up. G0G only glared at her for a few seconds before glancing back up at Goggles.

"Traitor. I will destroy you BOTH!" G0G said.

"Not if I can help it!"

Goggles sprung forward and aimed another bomb at G0G's feet. Maybe he could get the robot to slip off the gears? In the meantime, he started making his way up the gears to get a positioning advantage, with N35 also attempting to catch up. As Goggles climbed, he could feel his heart racing. This was kinda fun, actually!

In fact, he could feel himself getting stronger by the second. His trait power had activated almost immediately! Man, he really had the whole optimism thing down. G0G attempted to blast Goggles down from the gears, but Goggles just kept climbing. N35 was trying to find a stable place to stand so she could snipe G0G from behind.

Goggles kept shooting down ink as he rose higher and higher, almost failing to notice the fact he'd climbed up into another room. G0G kept avoiding the ink, with N35 climbing up after him. As Goggles leapt up to what was supposed to be the next gear, he realized there was nothing there, and fell onto the floor of the room around him. It was also a room full of gears, but it was larger, and probably easier to fight in here. G0G quickly took the chance and blasted himself over with his rocket boots, weapon ready.

N35 popped up after him, and aimed as Goggles got up from his previous fall. As G0G reached Goggles, N35 sniped G0G's leg, which caused a rocket in the boot to aim at an angle. Goggles was able to duck as G0G narrowly missed ramming into him. That didn't stop G0G from resuming shooting blue energy blasts, but Goggles was now able to get up and start inking the floor. With his enhanced speed and strength, he was almost evenly matched with G0G.

Goggles believed he had this in the bag, because he not only had a friend helping him, but also a power advantage! G0G was able to shoot at his legs and arms at times, but that stinging was shrugged off as the optimism magic coursed through him. As Goggles dove in to slap a burst bomb into G0G's visor, the robot backed up in an attempt to dodge. However, G0G wasn't paying attention, and a snipe from N35 sent him back against the slowly grinding gears on the walls. The gears ground against him, but got stuck instead of breaking his limbs and body.