Chapter 26: JU571C3

💜Chapter 26: JU571C3

R1-D3R could see that the others were getting away, but they figured that a 1v1 was easier to deal with anyway. Even if they could wipe them all in one go, this battle would probably be over quickly regardless. Rider was now running back towards R1-D3R with his dynamo ready, and R1-D3R swung down to parry it. Both dynamos clashed with a loud metal clang before being swung back again for another attack. This might be hard, but it would be nothing compared to riding MOTORBIKES and swinging dynamos at the same time.

Well, actually, that generator was pretty dangerous. Rider didn't know how it worked, but he assumed that it would be best for it to be left mostly undamaged. Even if it did something good like blowing up, he didn't know what the domino effect of that going down would be. As R1-D3R swung again, C5 ran over to approach R1 from behind. The energy coming off of the brush hit the lime green robot, causing them to stumble forwards.

Right, there were two targets here...and both were capable of fighting back. R1-D3R reeled back for a wider swing, one that could hit both C5 and Rider in the process, but Rider swam away before he could be hit, while C5 ran away with his modified octobrush. Rider started thinking about possible methods to defeating his robot counterpart without damaging the generator. He had studied his weapons well and knew that, while the Ultraviolet Dynamo COULD destroy this robot with Steamroller, the regular dynamo rollers could still apply enough force to be used as a weapon alone. Metal on metal would be sure to at least leave a mark.

C5 looped around for a second attack, though he still had to charge his energy. Rider also made sure he had enough ink to attack, because the last thing he needed was to run out of ink at a perfectly inconvenient time and lose this battle. He was the leader of the group after all, and he had to take his role seriously! Or...was he taking it too seriously? Regardless, he couldn't lose this battle.

He thew a splat bomb over to see what it would do. R1-D3R kicked it away before it exploded, and Rider figured ink wasn't much of a damaging thing here. He'd have to rely on it mostly for transportation and blinding, with the actual metal roller being used for the heavy hits. He also needed to figure out where to hit, and as R1-D3R flung C5 towards him, he tried looking for weak spots. He swam up to the robot to engage in close combat, hoping the answer might be more clear from there.

R1-D3R reeled back for a swing, and Rider prepared to meet it, but then R1-D3R quickly changed directions and rammed the dynamo into Rider's abdomen. C5 stood up to rush back in, but R1 also shot forward as well while Rider quickly sunk into his ink to recover. The pain was spreading, and on top of that, he'd gotten a bit of a headache. Was that a side effect of the modified dynamo's hits? The psychic seemed to be a theme in the trait of justice anyway...

But he needed another plan. This pain was starting to get worse, and Rider couldn't just let C5 take hits for him like a training dummy. Rider believed he was doing these people right by ridding of this cruel, corrupt leader and her minions. He was going to free these cyborgs of the risk of being controlled entirely without their consent, as they still had a flesh and...no bone friend that cared deeply for them. He was bringing them justice.

Boosted by his now rising trait power, he shot forward, hoping to take R1-D3R's head clean off. One fatal swing from this roller could possibly end this whole thing now that he had the strength. However, this action proved to be harder than first thought to be. R1-D3R activated their rocket boots, which not only granted them flight but enhanced speed. That was a dynamo's weakness, and if Rider couldn't keep up, he'd be done for.

Naturally, C5 had taken this into account. He himself did not have rocket boots, but he had the speed to catch up. Though he was damaged, he still had more resistance than Rider because he was partially mechanical and didn't have pain receptors there. He needed to help out as best he could, and he sure hoped it wouldn't have to come to sacrifice. He backed away from R1-D3R as he saw Rider rush forwards, hoping that this battle could end soon.

Rider and R1-D3R clashed again, and C5 recovered as best he could to speed over and try and attack from behind. R1-D3R could sense him coming though, and swung Rider's dynamo away before flicking down towards C5. Rider bent over a little in an attempt to make a fake-out that looked like he was still hurt more. Of course, the injury still DID hurt, but he remained strong as R1-D3R brought his modified dynamo back around to ram into Rider again. Rider sunk into his ink as R1-D3R swung it over, and C5 used the chance to attack in Rider's place.

He ducked as R1-D3R swung his roller back around, then went for a low sweep to trip the robot up. As R1-D3R briefly lost footing, Rider came back out of his ink and swung his dynamo down in an attempt to pin the robot underneath. However, R1-D3R then swung their dynamo back behind their head, causing Rider to ram into the ground while still gripping his weapon. C5 dropped an energy bomb in an attempt to stop R1-D3R from further hurting Rider, but the robot managed to roll to the side and get away before it exploded and did damage. Rider managed to get up, though the pain on his back made it hard on him.

R1-D3R held out his dynamo, ready to attack either of the two. Both sides stood still as they analyzed the situation and what to do. The first method to come to Rider was that C5 would distract R1-D3R, as the cyborg could last longer. Then he (Rider) would find an opening and strike R1-D3R at a weak point, maybe the neck or some other area. The only issue was communication, and with R1-D3R analyzing them, straight up speaking out loud would probably ruin the plan.

R1-D3R could see that these two rebels couldn't take much more, while he himself still had some ways to go. This would be easy, one swing of his dynamo could end them for good. Rider meanwhile, was considering using Ink Armor or Steamroller, but he still held on to it because he wanted to do this without that. He shot forwards as R1-D3R raised his modified dynamo, then swam back around to C5 to drop the information as the dynamo hitting the floor made a loud CLANK. All he needed was to whisper a few words to get the point across, anyway.

"Distract him, I got this."

C5 nodded and took Rider's place in attacking as Rider sunk into his ink and stayed near the back. Speaking of which, his back still hurt, but this attack hopefully wouldn't put too much strain on it. He slowly started to swim over to the two fighters, waiting for a moment to strike since they were constantly moving around each other. The moment soon came when R1-D3R got C5 to back up against a wall and raised his modified dynamo to destroy him. Without hesitating, Rider shot out of his ink, resumed humanoid form, and vertical flicked the roller down onto R1-D3R's head as hard as he could.

Now, he wasn't expecting R1-D3R to crumple up like a can exactly, but the loud metallic CLANK of the tip of the dynamo hitting R1-D3R's head was enough. The robot paused for a brief period, arms still holding the raised Dynamo over C5 like they were still going to bring it down regardless. Rider figured that a second swing wouldn't hurt, so he reeled back up again. This time however, R1-D3R fell before Rider could hit his head, so the loud clank instead came from Rider hitting the robot's back and denting it instead.

C5 watched as this happened, careful not to get flattened by R1's modified dynamo. Him and Rider both took steps back as R1-D3R started sparking, a bunch of beeping noises coming from them as well. Eventually though, a sound similar to a power down was heard, and smoke started coming out of the busted robot's body.

"Wow! That was...fast," C5 huffed.

"Yeah. Now let's catch up to the others before they get into a mess," Rider grumbled as he turned around and walked away from the dented robot body on the ground.

C5 quickly contacted N35 about duo's completion of the task before catching up to lime colored inkling storming off.